Despite my declaration that I might not return to this hotel, we were back for our first night (two rooms) in the area, following a late evening flight. So, why did we return? Primarily, the airport shuttle is very convenient and avoids the hassle of having to catch a late night bus from the airport into Nice or staying at one of the not very exciting airport hotels that are on offer. Check in was smooth and my Priority Club Platinum status was rewarded with upgrades to sea facing rooms - a gesture which was appreciated. We didn't take breakfast this time as we have been underwhelmed by the offering in the past, considering it is 18 euros per person. However, when you start to add up the cost of individual breakfast items elsewhere,18 euros isn't too bad provided you eat a lot to make it worth it! Service at the bar was ok. The air con (as expected) could not be switched on in our bedrooms as it wasn't the summer season yet. However, had it been the summer season and the air con was in full operation, it wouldn't have made much difference due to the archaic system which is in dire need of replacement.
Generally a pleasant stay in a very quiet room with superb views towards Cap d'Antibes. I feel that this hotel is making lots of effort to hit the spot again with a rolling programme of refurbishment. It has now removed its 'Resort' status and trades more as an airport hotel. However, it is much more than that (confirmed by its tariffs) as it is within easy reach of a lovely promenade with lots of decent restaurants. What it really needs to do now is to install leisure facilities - a small pool, jacuzzi etc. It felt good to be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent is the only hotel of the area built right on the beach. It is walking distance from the shopping center Cap 3000.Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent features comfortable and renovated rooms with terrace, including some with a view of the sea. The rooms are spacious and luminous. They offer all the facilities you may need for a relaxing stay.For your comfort, the hotel features a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, to be savoured on the terrace. The new other restaurant The Bay Star Cafe is set right on the beach and servesa French Modern Bistro Cuisine : A delight ! Located on a beautiful sandy beach on the Baie des Anges the hotel offers also a private Beach : The Bay Star Beach and Lounge with Bar, Snack and beach restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Nice - Port St Laurent Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Holiday Inn Hotel Nice
- Holiday Inn St-Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Holiday Inn