We just returned from a trip on the French Rivieria. We stayed for 5 nights at the Pierre & Vacances in Saint-Laurent du Var, in a 4/5 3-room appartment.
We were expecting a rather small apartment, and were pleasantly surprised by its size. It was very clean, and we guess recently refurbished. The kitchen area had everything we wanted, with the exception of an oven (there is a microwave oven that also has a broil feature however).
We were travelling with two young children, ages 2 & 4, so we wanted somewhere where we could cook our own meals (especially breakfast and dinner) and get the children to relax without the stress of the restaurant. There is a very small grocery store just on the next street, for very basic stuff. Other stores are less than a 10 minute walk. If you have a car, there are full-size grocery stores within a 10-15 minute drive.
The pool was okay, well maintained, with a smaller one for younger children. We had no complaints about them.
Close by you have the port and beach. We did not go to that beach as it was "galets" and enjoyed beaches in Agay, Cannes, Sainte-Marguerite and Villefranche-sur-Mer instead. The port is very nice to visit in the evening, with plenty of restaurants lining the street, I believe every genre is represented. We had sushi take-out, which was very good, especially the tuna sashimi, and another evening at a pizzeria. Of course the children would not let us leave without having some gellato from another joint.
The garage is undeground, covered, with some rather tight places.
It's definitely a place we would return to, and recommend, especially for a family vacation. If you want a bar, restaurants, and a nightlife, then look for accomodations in Nice or Cannes directly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A festive ‘town in bloom’, at the gateway to Nice and the crossroads to the Alpes Maritimes region and Italy Ideally located residence: facing the marina and at 100 m from the beaches. Swimming pool can be covered, children’s pool, tennis courts and a play area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Heliotel Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence - Heliotel Marine
- Pierre & Vacances Residence - Heliotel Marine Hotel St-Laurent Du Var