Hotel Royal Bon Repos
Domaine du Calidianus(Sainte-Maxime)
US$141
US$138
Hotel Le Chardon Bleu(Sainte-Maxime)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$96
Hotel Les Jardins de Sainte-Maxime(Sainte-Maxime)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$149
US$142
US$124
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel La Plage(Sainte-Maxime)(Great Value!)
US$122
Le Petit Prince(Sainte-Maxime)
Hotel Le Revest(Sainte-Maxime)
Hotel La Villa(Sainte-Maxime)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssaint tropezcar parkperfect locationspent a weekfirst floorfrench breakfastsecure parkingdelightful hotelsuperb breakfasthotel feelswould definitely stay here againperfect stayshower roomtown centrevirginiaferrypearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'll admit I had a bit of trepidation about staying in a three-star hotel since I always stay in four or five star hotels when I travel. However, it was Easter Sunday, vacancies were limited and Sainte Maxime was our stopping point on our way to Villefranche-sur-Mer.

After having a bit of trouble finding the hotel even with my GPS, we checked in with convenient, but limited, free car parking right on the property. Free parking may not seem too important to some, but at our hotel in Villefranche, I paid an extra $70 per day to park my car at the hotel.

We had quite a bit of luggage since our journey first went to England for a business meeting and then Paris for a week followed by Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, and continuing to Villefranche-sur-Mer for several days.

I had booked a standard room, but when the proprietor saw our luggage, she upgrade us to a "Prestige Room" on the first floor since this hotel has NO ELEVATOR. In reality their first floor is a second floor to Americans so we still had to navigate a flight of steps with our luggage. Virginia the proprietor, who was a very pleasant middle age woman, insisted on helping us carry our luggage up the steps. She would not take "no thanks" for an answer.

The same thing happened when we were checking out the following day. The maid, who was cleaning rooms on our floor, saw us leaving and insisted on helping us with our luggage. She too, would not take "no thanks" for an answer.:)

The upgraded room was large enough but not a large room by American standards. It made me wonder what the basic rooms were like. :) I'll have to say, the room was as clean as any five star hotel I've ever stayed in and had several nice amenities to boot. Virginia came with us and showed us everything to know about the room and spent far more time making sure we were comfortable than I expected.

We had two balconies we could walk out onto and a nice view of the bay. I have no complaints about the room or hotel other than to warn others there is no elevator. Overall, it was a great experience to stay in this pleasant, economical, friendly hotel with such a warm and accommodating proprietor as Virginia. There were also many restaurants in easy walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel to others who do not have a lot of luggage.

Room Tip: No elevator. Some rooms have great views so upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SheldonHW
Reviewed 23 April 2014

i chose this hotel after reading the reviews in tripadvisor and getting a more than reasonable fee (135 euros per night for a double room, breakfast excluded, in easter days) at the hotel web page

i am glad about my decision.the hotel is pleasant, cozy and beautifully maintained. my room had a reasonable size and a balcony partially overlooking the bay and saint tropez. the room waswell equiped, with safety box, a fridge with a couple of bottles of complimentary mineral water, a small working table, some chairs and a low table, a big electric heater at the bathroom and air conditioned (not necessary in this period of the year.... toilet had a good size and shower could have had a stronger water pressure.

cleanliness at the room and all the common areas of the hotel was superb.

the carpark is good enough even for big cars as mine (15 euros per day)

they accept pets and there even was a bed for my dog in the room (10 euros per day).

all the common areas of the hotel are nice and pleasant.

the location is very convenient.quiet, but with a dozen of good restaurants just around the corner, and only 5/10 minutes walking from the beach.

the owner of the hotel is a very nice lady, ready to help in whatever that could be needed. she enjoys what she does and no doubt manages in order to keep things working perfectly at the hotel.

i must point out a few points to improve:

-the bed size was 1,40 x 2 metres which is a bit narrow for my taste

-the place for breakfast (also used as bar and billiard room) is rather uncomfortable for breakfast and breakfast itself a bit expensive (13,50 euros for the continental buffet).

-the free wifi did not work so well, with ventual interruptions and codes to be entered every time that the connection was lost.

-no lift, thus persons with mobility problems should stay at the low floor rooms..

all in all, an excellent three stars. many four stars hotel are worse.

no doubt, this hotel is to be recomended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our whole experience,from the moment we booked by phone,was as if we were staying in the wonderful home of a close friend.
Virginie was there to welcome us and show us all the facilities of the hotel - fingerprint ID for entry and parking,so it felt very secure - and throughout our four night stay nothing was too much trouble.She recommended restaurants and booked to make sure we were looked after,remembered our preferences for breakfast,and gave us the benefit of her local knowledge when we were planning days out.She was as pleased as we were when the sun came out -it was a very wet February!
Our room was beautiful,every detail throughout the hotel has been very carefully thought out and I'm going to copy some of her ideas at home.
A great base for exploring the area,can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona K
Reviewed 8 January 2014

my family have been this hotel , it was fantastic hotel , starfs were helpful and so friendly...the room is so clean....
thank you so much we have a good time in your hotel , i will come back soon when i can
best regard

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jack h
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a wonderfully warm and friendly welcome we got in Sainte Maxime! Our room (22) had two balconies both with views of the sea. Nice touches like the secure parking to natural bathroom products really made us feel "at home" and made our stay in Sainte Maxime stress free. Virginia really is a wonderful host.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple