“A shocking experience”

L'Escapade
Ranked #113 of 143 Restaurants in Sainte-Maxime
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A shocking experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is the worst experience I have ever had. The food was not memorable but it was followed by an experience that I will never forget. I had a 3x2x1 mm3 piece of glass in my icecream. When I called the waiter he made an excuse and said that we could get a discount on the desserts but we should still pay for the meal! He did not seem very shocked - it was more like he was puzzled. I had a whole night of anxiety because I wondered, whether there had been more glass which I might have consumed.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lorgues, France
“The first 'zero' I've ever awarded!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've eaten here before, which makes it all the more astonishing. But this family meal was remarkably dreadful! The Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, was a water glass full of tomato flavoured water, full of frozen prawns. My daughter & I had the "suggestion" of Moules Mariniere. That amounted to a pot full of dirty mussels that hadn't even been de-bearded, boiled in water (no wine), with a huge amount of celery that had the texture of tree bark! My wife had the Dorade Scicilian. I hadn't thought rendering fish as chewy and flavourless as this possible, even scientifically! The best meal was my son's Escalope de volaille. In actuality, a giant McNugget! The public should be warned about this place!!!

• Visited December 2013
Heathfield, United Kingdom
“Surly staff, mediocre food - avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The evening here was totally ruined by the rudeness and disinterest of the waiter. His contempt for the English could not have been more apparent, it was as if he was doing us a huge favour by condescending to take and subsequently serve our order. When the food arrived it was very ordinary - there are hundreds of really good restaurants in the Var, this is definitely not one of them.

• Visited September 2013
Holt, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Really excellent food. If you like scallops then this is for you. All the food was beautifully presented and full of flavour. Dinner for 2 with a nice local wine but just 2 courses was Euros 130 with tip but - if you want a perfect meal in a perfect setting - this is for you

Visited September 2013
East Sussex
“Great food, great location, good prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Close to beach, varied menu, quick and very friendly service, and delicious food. We originally wanted to eat in the restaurant next to this one but got rude treatment and in hindsight I am glad we did, so that we could discover L'Escapade :)
They have a huge menu, I think anyone could find something they like on there. The service was quick and very friendly, the waiters were extremely busy but they all had a smile on their faces. The food was very delicious indeed! Definitely recommend the restaurant and also Ste Maxime - we only stayed there for the evening but had a little walk around after dinner in the nearby streets and it was lovely.

• Visited July 2013