“Ok, not more, not less.”
Review of L'Escapade

L'Escapade
Ranked #119 of 147 Restaurants in Sainte-Maxime
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Hamburg, Germany
“Ok, not more, not less.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and considerate.
The location and the view with the harbour is a great asset of course.

The food though was nothing special and nothing I would immediately recommend. It was ok, nothing really to complain about but also, nothing really to be excited about.

Just a bit "touristy" I guess....

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sainte-Maxime, France
“Excellent simple mediterranean food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I went there on a friday when they serve 'Aioli' as the plat du jour, just like evey Friday (it's a tradition in France to eat fish dishes on a Friday, and it seems like a lot of local restaurants serve Aioli on that day). The one from L'Escapade, was delicious, and is excellent value for the price (12.50€ if I recall right for that + dessert or expresso). I saw other people eating fresh sea food platters(oysters, shrimps, shells, etc...) that were beautifully prepared and served. Otherwise they also offer regular 'brasserie' food.
Service was excellent, and the staff very helpful.
Oh and I forgot to mention that you can eat outside and enjoy the sun!

• Visited March 2014
Milan, Italy
“Moules à la marineè”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Wow! we had a good, very good dinner at this restaurant with "moules à la marinè", the price was good, the wine was also good and not so expensive. we were not sure to eat meat, because also the steak looked like good, but we decided for fish... good choice!

• Visited April 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A shocking experience”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is the worst experience I have ever had. The food was not memorable but it was followed by an experience that I will never forget. I had a 3x2x1 mm3 piece of glass in my icecream. When I called the waiter he made an excuse and said that we could get a discount on the desserts but we should still pay for the meal! He did not seem very shocked - it was more like he was puzzled. I had a whole night of anxiety because I wondered, whether there had been more glass which I might have consumed.

Visited April 2014
Lorgues, France
“The first 'zero' I've ever awarded!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've eaten here before, which makes it all the more astonishing. But this family meal was remarkably dreadful! The Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, was a water glass full of tomato flavoured water, full of frozen prawns. My daughter & I had the "suggestion" of Moules Mariniere. That amounted to a pot full of dirty mussels that hadn't even been de-bearded, boiled in water (no wine), with a huge amount of celery that had the texture of tree bark! My wife had the Dorade Scicilian. I hadn't thought rendering fish as chewy and flavourless as this possible, even scientifically! The best meal was my son's Escalope de volaille. In actuality, a giant McNugget! The public should be warned about this place!!!

• Visited December 2013