“The most amazing hotel we have ever stayed in!”
Review of La Colombe d'Or

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St-Paul-de-Vence
La Colombe d'Or
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in St-Paul-de-Vence
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We finished a two-week road trip through much of southern France with three days here, and found it the best hotel we have ever stayed at, as well as the best restaurant we enjoyed in our two weeks in France! We chose it because of the world-class art, but loved it for its food, service, ambiance, setting, and pace, as well as the amazing Picasso we ate under in the dining room, or the fresco over the headboard of our poster bed, or the Calder mobiles throughout, or the Braque mosaic by the heated pool hanging over an incredible valley below...art everywhere! The rooms are just lovely, the views amazing. And there is zero nickel-and-dime treatment. You want your car out? Just ask. No parking charge and no red tape. You want breakfast? Just order what you want. No extra charges. It's that kind of elegant place!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pickiest

Reviewed 1 March 2011

My husband and I were on a week end getaway and we had lunch at La Colombe d'Or. Probably the worst food I have ever had. I had the aioli with the Morue (sort of Cod). It came served with boiled seaweed, boiled sea snails and horrible boiled egg that really looked and smelled rotten. I tried to give the dish a chance and tasted the fish that was awfully strong and I had to stop after one bite. The aioli (the garlic mayonnaise) was ok and I could eat the only thing remotely attractive on the plate: a branch of cauliflower. My husband had poultry which was chewy as not cooked properly. When the waiter came back, he did not ask why I had not touched my meal and was ready to get away from our table as fast as he could so he did not have to face us. The front host is really pushy and rude. So all in all, i would recommend everyone avoids this place and walk a couple hundreds meter more to eat in a simple eatery and save 100 euros. There are so many wonderful places to eat in France and it is such a waste to spend anytime in this pretentious yet awful place. I was so disappointed to give my husband this taste of my home country.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank ND31
Reviewed 6 February 2011

For years and years we visit La Colombe d'Or. Wonderful service, great atmosphere, excellent food and last but not least an astonishing art collection.
Frans Gianotten & Anne-Lies de Hommel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank frans188590
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Stayed here as we needed a place to break up a drive. The reception was strange. We were shown to our room which was bare. Staff was unable to give a suggestion of where to grab a bite--alluding to the fact we should eat at their restaurant, regardless of the fact that it was not yet open. The stay felt cold and unwelcoming. St. Paul de Vence is charming, and the location was directly outside the walled city.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabiolaabu
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We love this place!
Amazing entrance, beautiful outdoor courtyard restaurant, charming little bar, tranquil pool, beautiful rooms, stunning views and attentive staff. You couldn't ask for more.
There's so much history in the place, you can't help but feel special.
We'll be back for more!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lohuki
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I turned up in St Paul de Vence on a busy Saturday with two other friends and managed to get the last table for lunch at Columbe d'Or. We found the food to be superb and the service charming. The courtyard dining area is beautiful and I would REALLY recommend the turbot - absolutely delicious. We also ordered the house wine which can often be a bit ropey, but here was absolutely perfect with the fish dishes that we ordered.

We went on the recommendation of a work colleague who has been going to La Columbe d'Or for 30 years, and I will certainly make the trip to St Paul de Vence just to visit this restaurant next time I am in the South of France.

I didn't stay in the hotel, so I can't comment on the quality of the rooms, although we had a peek at the swimming pool and bar and it looked absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank SallyKift
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My self and two friends travelled across south of france from Paris through many great villages BUT our best hotel experience was La Colombe d'Or. The service is beyond the norm without een asking. From the amazing ladies doing the rooms, the barman, The restaurant manager and best of all Mary-Ellen and all the ladies in the reception area, nothing was ever an effort, from helping us sort our car out to accepting us change our booking many times due to unforeseen circumstances they were quick to respond and keen to assist nothing was ever too much effort.
The attention to detail in the Hotel is also by far the best we had in France and we stayed at 4/5 star hotel through out. The hotel has a very homely feel. The art and decor is out of this world.

But lastly the success of this hotel is by far ALL the staff ........ Thank you for an amazing 4 days Di, Hazel and Simone

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends