“Wonderful setting, expensive admission fee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fondation Maeght

Fondation Maeght
Book In Advance
More Info
US$693.90*
and up
Private Day Trip to St Paul de Vence and Vence including the Maeght Foundation...
Bad Windsheim, Germany
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Wonderful setting, expensive admission fee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you love art and architecture, don´t miss the Fondation. The grounds are wonderful, the art is displayed well and fine. The admission fee is very high. I enjoyed wandering around the park, peaceful, cheerful, inspiring.

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Rude staff put me off of visiting this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

After visiting beautiful St Paul de Vence I was very excited to visit the foundation. We walked uphill all the way to this place (quite a long and steep walk, mind you). When we got there, I paid the 15 euro fee entrance and then the cashier told me if I wanted to take pictures inside I had to pay an extra 5 euros for a photography badge. I told I didn't want as i thought the entry fee was already quite expensive. The cashier then told me I had to put my camera inside my bag if I wanted to get it. I didn't really have a bag, I had a clutch type bag and I told him I couldn't fit. He said there was nothing he could do. I suggested he kept my camera with him, by the till, so I could go in and visit. He said he couldn't. I thought this was a rip-off trick to get people to buy the badge and felt really uncomfortable. Asked for my money back and didn't visit. Felt really upset that there was no trust whatsoever that I wasn't going to take any pictures inside. If they want to force people to buy the badge, they should just increase the entrance fee to 20 euros, it would be fairer.

2 Thank Thaisinea
United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Modern Art Haven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Set on a pine covered hill not far from Saint Paul this gallery is worth a visit if you have any interest in the arts. The building is bespoke for the abstract works of inter alia Joan Miro, Jean Arp and Leger, so each piece is beautifully situated to maximum advantage. The entry fee is rather steep at 15 euro per person, plus 5 euro extra for a badge which allows you to take photos - it was refreshing and fascinating to be able to wander at will through this tranquil space.

Paris, France
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 660 helpful votes
“Beautiful although small”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

After Miro museum in Barcelona, obviously this place looks a bit small but it is absolutely beautiful, both for the setting itself and the pieces of art exposed or even built-in here. You just need an hour, but it is an hour well spent !

Ireland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Stunning place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are in Nice and have a few hours to spare I strongly recommend a visit here. Its a very avant garde art gallery/museum set in the hills above the city, very near St Paul de Vence.€15 entrance. We took a city bus which has a stop near the entrance. When you get off the bus there is a terrific view of St Paul de Vence on the hill opposite. Be Warned! the road leading to the museum is quite steep and its a good 15 minute walk, so you need to be reasonably fit.
The building is of very interesting design, with little pools and sculptures scattered around the grounds. I can't comment on the art because modern art is not my thing, but there are lots of big names. There is a cafe in the grounds where we had a very nice lunch (not over priced). I can't understand why it has such a cheap shabby plastic roof in such a designer setting.