I stayed here this past weekend for 3 nights with some friends. Overall I really did like this hotel.
1) Beautiful setting. I was in room 2 that let out onto the lawn, from which I just had a stunning view overlooking St. Paul de Vence. Really beautiful - I couldn't stop gazing at the view all day during the changing light. really great
2) The pool area. Simply cozy area. Nice towels. Great pool
3) the room - cozy room with simple elegant decor
4) free/ good wifi
5) the free shuttle to and from the town - easy
The minuses/ areas of concern:
1) The shower head in the shower is STRONG. and the temperature control was difficult. Hard to not either be completely scalded or shorn of skin.
2) Breakfast. While it was good with good selection, it was 22 Euros. At the price point for this hotel, breakfast should be included. Friends stayed down the road at Allan Llorca hotel for the same rate and had a beautiful, "Michelin-starred" breakfast included. Most other places I've stayed at in France include breakfast, so this was surprising and annoying.
3) just a warning. I had an early flight leaving from Nice and they arranged a cab for me. They told me it would be 40-45 Euros, which I thought was steep but whatever. It turned out to be 70 Euros for a 20 minute drive. horrific.
Overall, i really liked the vibe at this place. The owners and other staff were friendly. Just be aware of these little things and you'll be fine.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel La Grande Bastide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Grande Bastide Hotel