Villa St Maxime
Le Mas de Pierre Hotel(St-Paul-de-Vence)
US$281
Le Hameau(St-Paul-de-Vence)
US$274
La Vague de Saint Paul(St-Paul-de-Vence)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
Hotel Le Saint Paul(St-Paul-de-Vence)
US$321
Hotel La Grande Bastide(St-Paul-de-Vence)
US$227
US$192
US$186
Hotel les Bastides de St Paul(St-Paul-de-Vence)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$101
Toile Blanche(St-Paul-de-Vence)
TripAdvisor
Les Messugues(St-Paul-de-Vence)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary drinkspoached eggsevery eveningenglish speakingpre dinner drinkssouth of franceinviting poolmy favorite placecote d'azurart shopsshort walkyogurtslice of heavenwelcome drinkplaces to visiteach morningfoundation maeght
Reviewed 10 May 2009

One of the most notable features of this B & B is the friendliness and hospitality of the owners. Each evening, the owners host a cocktail hour for all guests, thus affording those present a great opportunity to learn about the surrounding area and share experiences. The costs of this, along with several other extras, are included in the roomrate.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I am just checking out of a small boutique hotel in the hills above the sea, called Villa St. Maxime. Actually in a medieval hilltop village called St. Paul de Vence - which I highly recommend for its beauty and art. The hotel was very satisfactory. Quite beautiful, excellent rooms, everything you would expect from a high end Riviera hotel. Actually it
costs a good deal less than the hotels down on the coast, which is already pretty crowded this early in the season. I don't see the effects of the WW economic downturn here in the south of France.

What I find unique here is my bill. I booked for a type of room (sea-view) at a stipulated price. I've stayed here four days. I had excellent full Champagne breakfasts, 2-3 Scotch rocks in the evening and every night I took a Cognac and a water from their rolling 'night bar'. The bill reflected only the room rate by four. No taxes, drinks, or
anything else. I suppose the money involved here is relatively unimportant to me, although I must admit it is good value. Instead though is the nice feeling of 'no extras'. It strikes me as friendly, classy and very different from any other hotels on this trip.

Good value. Great place. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

What a fantastic find!!
My partner and I stayed here for two nights in September. It was part of a bigger trip, but this was right at the start so set the bar very high for the rest of the places we stayed.
The villa itself is beautiful - in a gorgeous location (within a short stroll of St Paul du Vence) and decorated in a very tasteful way. It is very open and airy, and as it only has the six rooms, for much of the time you almost feel like you have your very own villa!
We met other couples in the evening at the complimentary drinks hour. Many of these had stayed before...as a hotel you can't ask for more than repeat visits.
What certainly helped make the two nights so enjoyable was the hosts - John and Ann. From arriving and being welcomed with a drink on the terrace, to leaving they certainly helped make the stay so enjoyable. It really makes you realise what you can miss out on when you stay in a large impersonal hotel.
In summary - I would defintely recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Maybesunny71
Reviewed 22 October 2008

From the moment I stepped foot in Villa St. Maxime, I was in heaven. The accommodations were exceptional, not missing a single detail. The panoramic view of the French Riviera was amazing. The morning breakfast and the evening cocktails couple with the conversation with Ann and John, the owners, made my experience one I plan on repeating. If you are looking for something unique, make certain you experience being knighted to the "Order of the Knights of the Champagne Sabre of St. Maxime."

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tricia90
Reviewed 11 September 2008

This was our fourth stay at St. Maxime! Needless to say we love it. A short taxi ride from the Nice airport brought us to the gates of St. Maxime where we were greeted by John and Ann the host and hostess. Both our suite balcony and the large terrace offered a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean, the walled city of St. Paul de Vence and the mountains!

We had a great time visiting with the other guests over cocktails each evening and again at breakfast. John's omelets were as delicious as any we have tasted. A nice "extra" was the beverage cart set up in the entry each evening.

St. Paul de Vence was any easy walk where we enjoyed wandering the winding walks, shopping and taking in the local color. Ann was always on hand to give us ideas of places to visit as well as directions as how to reach our destination.

We would highly recommended St. Maxime when you visit the Riviera. Be assurred, we will make a fifth visit in a year or two!

Stayed: July 2008