“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere.”
Review of La Cave - CLOSED

La Cave
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had fruits of the sea-mixed seafood dish and salad nicois that was delicious. The presentation, service, and wine was very good.

• Visited July 2011

Zlin, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We enjoy it. Great service, great food. Modern cuisine and nice atmosphere inside restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Fixie-Pixie
cheltenham
“One of the better restaurants in St-Raphael”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have been coming to St-Raphael for four years now, for multiple breaks during each year. My father has a yacht in St. Lucia, basin nord, so its very cheap accommodation. We started with an amuse bouche tuna and risotto that was alright. For the main course my wife had risotto with scallops with foie gras sauce beetroot base served with a little ratatouille. I thought that the risotto was too heavy and that the risotto was too firm. The scallops were cooked beautifully. For my main course I had the roasted lamb with a haricot vert and broadbean salad served on a bed of shallot mash and a ratatouille- Delicious! It was so good that the lamb bones ended up getting smuggled back to England for the pups. For pudding I had strawberry soup with chopped hazlenuts, and a small strawberry macaroon with strawberry mousse and a bomb of ice cream in the soup- very light and very refreshing. My wife had chocolate macaroon with chocolate mousse and a raspberry coulis- my wife found this too heavy also. The service was very friendly. There are various menu options depending on your budget.

The other meal that I had in St Raphael which I felt was even better than the Cave was 'La Brasserie' situated in the old part of St Raphael opposite the Loch Ness Pub. . For some reason this is not listed on Trip Advisor. There is a very pretty area for dining al fresco if you wish. This restaurant used to be a fine dining restaurant but has gone more brasserie style. However the food is very very good. I had to start a cappacio of beef and my wife had linguine with lotte and a few mussels- served with a saffron broth. My wife thought that was the best plate of food she had all holiday! For main course I had a delicious aioli - served with poached courgettes , saffron infused new potato, poached carrot and the fish was cod. The aioli (garlic mayonnaise) was served in a separate pot and as you added the aioli beautiful colours and flavours amalgamated. Exquisite! For pudding I had a cappacio of mango served with a coconut ice cream and a mango coulis. The service was very friendly, the setting was beautiful- I should imagine it is very nice in the evening too with candles and subdued lighting. Definately worth a visit if you are visiting St Raphael.

• Visited August 2011