“simples paradis”
Review of La Villa Mauresque

La Villa Mauresque
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Saint-Raphael
Reviewed 6 July 2013

DIVINE ... I think it describes the wonderful scenery that I found to pass the green gates. It seems that we come to paradise with a romantic garden bathed by waters, calm and blue as the sky. Simply wonderful. Entering the villa it looked more like a castle ... classical decoration, ancient structure but renewed appearance and in the room half bottle of champagne, a basket of fruit and a loving sprig of flowers. The room was not very big but had a large private terrace containing a jacuzzi with wonderful view at the blue sky and sea. We felt cozy and we were still dazzled. When we went for dinner we found they have a spectacular restaurant, full of variety and taste almost unique ... We notice also that the caring staff were very attentive. After a wonderful day, we find the bed ready to sleep, and honey to sweeten the dreams ... I recommend to anyone who wants to live an unforgettable holiday.

1  Thank 954fred

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have just spent two nights at this amazing place. The welcome from Joanne the moment we arrived set the tone for our stay. The views are stunning...difficult to tear your eyes away from the view. We stayed in the Shakespeare junior suite (it was a special occasion) which was just lovely. The highlights have to be the views, the garden with lots of comfortable beds and seating and the friendly staff who made us feel so welcome. Yes, it is expensive but very special. We had dinner looking out over the sea...food was top class...pricey, but you have to eat there at least once. For a less formal meal there are a few restaurants within walking distance down the coast as you go left from the back of the hotel. We ate in a nice pizza restaurant first on left with tables placed on the sand and again a lovely view. The only criticism is reserved for the attitude of some of the other guests in the hotel who seemed to find it difficult to be friendly or even smile in such a beautiful place!! Overall, can't wait to go back sometime.

1  Thank Liz O
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were looking hardly to find a hotel on the Cote d'Azur directly at the seafront with this kind of ambiance as in the Villa Mauresque.We had a little room with a covered privat terrace where we had a little snack in the afternoon.The room looks so gorgeous, so luxurious with this design decoration! We come here for relax and the stunning view from the jacuzzis gave it us! It worth to have a walk to Port of Santa Lucia from the hotel! Thanks to the friendly staff to propose to us!
We tried the restaurant of the hotel .Perfect service, helpful staff (we have needed some advice :)and the food...cant find words to describe the beauty and the perfection of the plates in look AND in taste!Should I enhance that we had the dinner with seaview?....Thank you guys for this unforgettable holiday!
B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have already been to this charming villa-hotel a 3 years ago but for my biggest surprise this year it was even more beautiful! It was renovated and newly decorated. And the garden... that was amazing!
We spent an unforgettable week there...

Thanks for the great staff as well. Thank you guys!

Viktoria

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I came with my husband a few days ago for our honeymoon. He chose the hotel himself to surprise me...and I must admit that it was actually a real surprise for me to discover such a place. It's amazing. The staff, the scenery, the room, everything was perfect. I really hope we'll be able to back very soon...this short stay was pure happiness !

1  Thank Roxanne C
Reviewed 14 May 2013

On the 8th of May, we called two days before arrival and, we're given a 20qm+bathroom for €190 per evening beautifully decorated ( attention to detail room called Monet). Our first unfortunate experience was the shower handle could not be turned off properly ( requiring a call to the front desk for assistance). Secondly, my Wife & I had the feeling the plumbing to the toilet seemed loud for us and, could certainly hear our next door neighbor when they were using their bathroom facilities.

Not a great start.

Thereafter, we however were very impressed with the beauty of garden facilities, the pool at our front door, the rapidity with which we were given assistance when requested. This partially made up for the above-mentioned minor problem.

Unfortunately, was not included in our room cost ( above-mentioned) were parking facilities €20.- per evening, breakfast breakfast for 2 €38.- per day & of course the hotel dinner which offered a only what the Chef had on offer ( 2/3 options of course).

All told for 2 nights - €857.- expensive for a nice garden, beautiful view of the ocean where one has breakfast and dinner and, of course the very friendly and helpful service. I don't usually consider costs on vacation. It is simply the way I am after working for a break I "deserve it". I'm not sure how many others are willing to pay close to €1'000 for a couple of nights for the above-mentioned. At best, for the money spent.....average.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I had an amazing time here last week. The food was excellent, I ordered the pigeon special and my husband ordered a sea food Asian soup along with a season Asparagus appetizer served with parma. All dishes were amazing, the wine selection was outstanding . I would highly recommend this place. 3r

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Raphael
Best Western Plus Hotel La Marina
#15 of 39 in Saint-Raphael
Najeti Hotel Valescure
Najeti Hotel Valescure
#12 of 39 in Saint-Raphael

Been to La Villa Mauresque? Share your experiences!