“Choreographed Nirvana”
Review of La Vague d'Or

La Vague d'Or
Reserve with
La Vague d'Or is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 281 Restaurants in Saint-Tropez
Price range: US$168 - US$364
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Awarded three Michelin stars, five Toques and a rating of 19.5/20 by Gault et Millau, La Vague d'Or invites guests on a magical journey between land and sea. Arnaud Donckele's creative mastery ensures an unparalleled experience which combines exceptional cuisine and wines from around the world selected by the head sommelier. Arnaud's cuisine is a rustic journey through the Mediterranean. On one hand, it gives guests a peek into Provence, flirting with the subtle flavours of sun-ripened vegetables and the aromatic richness of the region's fresh herbs. On the other, it transports diners across the sea to taste the nutty essence of exotic argan oil. Much like a flavour alchemist, Arnaud composes his dishes as naturalist paintings. Throughout the season, guests may dine in the elegant restaurant or on the umbrella-covered terrace for a stunning meal with dazzling views of the sea. 2017 Season: Thursday, May 4th to Saturday, October 7th
Shanghai
“Choreographed Nirvana”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I would remove my hat, were I wearing one, while writing this review. I apologize to the restaurant, the chef and all its staff - I believe my words will be inadequate to describe the stellar experience that I had at La Vague d'Or.

SineadR79 is right - the plated dishes are works of art, delicately assembled, visually perfect. The essences and hidden flavors are nuanced and finessed into unexpected parts of the dish.

Delicateness - finesse - exceptional craftsmanship and stunning kodachrome moments all combine to make this a memorable event.

And then there is the staff - all gorgeous - all wonderfully enthusiastic and upbeat about their work - possibly the most professionally and sincerely offered service I have ever experienced.

The view and ambience, outdoor dining in the middle of a pine tree collection set behind a harbor of mega-yachts. Clark Gable and Great Garbo must have been there in spirit.

I will return !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FrankWR

SineadR79
“Food was art in a plate”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The food is amazing and like works of art on a plate, the setting is out of this world. The service is the best I have ever had. I especially loved the pasta dish which was a signature stuffed with truffle and the beautiful aromas such as the verbena broth. Fine wine, great food and an appearance by the chef at the end of the night who was so young compared to his knowledge of food. The exact experience we were looking for. I really liked the head waitress that introduced our dishes she was a lot if fun, very witty.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank SineadR79
ORaveyre, Directeur général at La Vague d'Or, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing such an excellent feedback with the tripadvisor community regarding your experience at La Vague d'Or. I will pass on your encouraging comments to the whole team at the restaurant. They will be thilled to read that their work was so well appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Best regards,

Olivier Raveyre
Directeur
Turin, Italy
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed at La Residence de la Pinede and dined at La Vague d'Or for dinner and also La Terrasse, which is basically the same restaurant serving lunch. Since the weather was a not very warm, lunch was served inside when we were there. La Terrasse is not listed on Trip Advisor but I'll just say that it was excellent. I had the best club sandwich and french fries ever and my husband had an excellent fish stew dish. The staff and service is top notch. Now, on to Vague d'Or. This place is truly deserving of its 3 Michelin stars. The food was beautifully presented and the flavors were amazing. Chef Arnaud is an artist. The staff is the best we've experienced. They were so professional and efficient, yet very warm and personable. The restaurant offers a great wine selection also. We had a truly memorable experience and can't wait to go back again.

• Visited April 2013
Loic L, Directeur général at La Vague d'Or, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you for this great review that will be passed onto the team. I am thrilled to read that you spend a memorable time at La Résidence de la Pinède. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Olivier Raveyre
Directeur
“Superb”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Very good food. The bedt item though are the staff; very proffessional and caring staff. No regrets at all for going. The restaurant deserves the two Michillen star.

1 Thank DrHabib
London
“Give a wide birth”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Was very excited to go here, but not for long. I have been to Michelin star restaurants around the world, and still I can't believe they have 1 star let a lone 2. There is nothing really to write about this restaurant, other then the food was shocking and the bill was to high. NEVER AGAIN!

10 Thank LondonSimond
, Directeur général at La Vague d'Or, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,
Many thanks for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent experience at La Vague d’Or. We are sorry and surprise to read that your diner went so wrong. We would very much appreciate if you could take to time to contact us on manager@residencepiende.com and explain us about your meal. Your feedback would assist us in identifying our shortcomings and hopefully restore your faith us.