Hotel La Residence de la Pinede
Hotel La Ponche(Saint-Tropez)
US$463
US$442
  • Beachfront
La Ferme d'Augustin(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$688
US$662
Hotels.com
Hotel Les Capucines(Gassin)(Great Value!)
US$209
La Bastide de Saint Tropez(Saint-Tropez)(Great Value!)
US$717
  • Pool
Benkirai Hotel(Saint-Tropez)
US$334
US$300
  • Pool
Muse Hotel(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$712
Hotel Le Mouillage(Saint-Tropez)(Great Value!)
US$368
Hotel La Garbine(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$232
La Bastide du Port(Saint-Tropez)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$282
B Lodge Hotel(Saint-Tropez)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate beachstar michelin restaurantdavid pwonderful restaurantocean frontvisited this hotelthree starsmall thingsconcierge teamshuttle servicehotel experiencehotel shuttlethe entire staffsouth of franceyogurtrooms are lovelyexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I took my wife here for our 2nd honeymoon on November 2013 for 10 days. The hotel was perfect, the view was breathtaking, the staff were very helpful. We have been to many places and so far this was one of our favorite. We had a great room over looking private beach with a nice balcony. I will definitely bring my wife again here for our next honeymoon.
I would recommend to everyone I know. Bob and Olivia Bobby

• Stayed: November 2013
ORaveyre, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence de la Pinede, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Mr and Mrs Bobby,

Many thanks for choosing La Résidence de la PInède for your second honeymoon.

Very pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay and your room overlooking the sea.

We really do hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back for the next anniversaries.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

what a lovely hotel! Great location as you can walk into St.Tropez quite easily (or pay €30 for a taxi!) and a lovely private beach and pool area overlooking the harbour. The special villa rooms are recommended as each has a private sun balcony. The restaurant looked magnificent albeit that we didn't eat there as there was far too much going on in the town. Quite expensive but a lovely relaxed and cool vibe to the place. All mod cons in the room and a very comfortable bed. Luxurious bathroom and great staff...very friendly.

Room Tip: try and get the villa rooms to the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndySING73
ORaveyre, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence de la Pinede, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

Our sincere thanks for such a lovely comment about your recent stay at La Résidence de la Pinède.

Indeed the hotel is ideally located sea front with its own intimate white sand private beach. Our clientele can enjoy the calm of its exceptional natural surroundings and the luxury of a dedicated personalised service within the hotel, being just few minutes walk away from the lively village. It does contribute to create such a special atmosphere that our clientele can feel whilst staying with us.

I was pleased to read as well that you enjoyed the location of your room front our infinity swiming pool and its luxurious features.

It was a real pleasure to welcoming you this time and rendez vous for our reopening on the 16th of April 2014!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of September which is the best time to visit St. Tropez if you want to avoid all the masses of people. I was booked into a Junior Suite after receiving a 1 category room upgrade as an Unlimited Leaders Club member. The room was fantastic with a balcony looking out at the beach and the sea. The hotel is situated on a small section of Bouillabaisse Beach and there are plenty of lounges available for all the guests. Service at the hotel was superb, especially the breakfast servers and beachside service staff. The concierges were always greeting you with a smile every time you walked in and out of the hotel. The continental breakfast was somewhat inconsistent but whatever you do, do not order in-room dining. I ordered some lamb chops for dinner one night and I received a few lamb chops on an otherwise empty plate for $70. Do walk into town, which takes about 15 minutes, for much better dining options. The hotel provides a one way shuttle service into town as well but the €5 charge seems rather chintzy. On the other hand, their restaurant La Vague d'Or truly does deserve it's 3rd Michelin star. The food was imaginative and delicious and dare I say better than Le Louis XV, but make sure you book ahead before you arrive. All in all, it was a wonderful and relaxing stay at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zoltrix56

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such a great feedback with the Trip Advisor community regarding your recent stay at La Résidence de La Pinède.

To ensure you spend a one off experience on our private white sand beach our Beach Manager will personnaly welcome you on sunbeds that are all sufficiently separated for your comfort and your intimacy. Throughout the day the team pampers our clients with refreshing cold towels and lavender spray, complimentary cold drinks daily prepared by our Chef Barman and dry towels are given as much as needed. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all these services whilst staying with us.

Many thanks for sharing your impression about our in Room dining. Your comments were shared with all concerned department. We will review our processes to ensure these shortcomings are not reoccurring in the future.

It is good as well to read that you liked your experience at La Vague d'Or. Indeed it is highly recommended to book far in advance to ensure availability as the capacity of the restaurant is restricted to only 40 covers a day.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to see you this year again for our reopening as from the 16th of April 2014.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stay in two 5 star hotels for a month every year in St Tropez with various members of our family.We were heading out for dinner at the Hotel Belle Rose (excellent food,view and service),so called in at La Pinede for a drink with a view to staying next summer.As we walked through the entrance we were stopped and asked if we were staying,we explained the reason for our visit and asked where we might take a drink."Nowhere unless you're dining with us".Taken aback we walked out onto the terrace where only 2 people were sitting,to be confronted by a member of staff who escorted us out of the hotel.We asked to see the manager at the front desk in order to explain we were thinking of staying in the hotel but were told by the concierge? that he too would ask us to leave as we weren't dining in the restaurant.I am writing this because so far I have mentioned our ordeal to many of our friends who stay in St Tropez and upon reflection I thought it only fair that the owners should be aware of our experience in order to perhaps retrain their staff and take a serious look at their attitude.
There are several superb hotel schools close to our home in Switzerland where I am sure the staff could spend their winter learning how to treat customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paulmontreux
ORaveyre, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence de la Pinede, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. I am very sorry to read you had such a bitter experience of our property whilst trying to access the bar. Indeed our bar has very limited capacity and we decided to restrict the access to ensure availability and privacy to our hotel resident and clients from the restaurant.

Please accept my sincere apologies if you felt our colleagues did not talk to you in an appropriate manner. At La Résidence de la Pinède we pride ourselves to treat our clients with kindness and warmth and I apologise if you had the impression this was not the case.
Be assured that the matter will be investigated accordingly and addressed to the concerned.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on my email below should you consider returning to La Résidence de la Pinède. I will make all necessary arrangements for you and ensure we restore your faith in us by experiencing the hotel and its services.

manager@residencepinede.com

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My daughter, wife and myself had booked a suite in this "5 star hotel" in St Tropez.
5 nights in august 2013. We booked via the website and requested a nice seaview looking room.
No problem, price was extremely high: 1800 Euro per night, however incl lunch.......
When we arrived, they brought us to the second floor of a kind of dependance.( house beside the hotel) We have to use 2 very small high stairs ( no lift available !!) to arrive in "our suite.".....The suite had a nice balcony but that was all.
The roof was not even 2 meters high, and had a very small window. It was a terrible space, you could not mention this a suite, even not for a 2 star hotel !
Toilet? wel for a woman may be ok, but for man absolutly not. The roof was 140 cm above the toilet! The door who connected the toilet: 150 cm. A "bird" house on the top of a house beside the hotel
I made immedeatly comments, but there were no other rooms available and they said:that we have to be happy to be here!! It is a beautiful hotel, yes but not for us !!!
Even I talked to the director, I will not mention his name here yet, but he was quite rough and not worth to be a manager of this 5 star hotel, as he could not manage to speak to customers who are paying 8800 Euro for 5 nights!!!
We left after 1 night paying full amount with the agreement that we will have our money for the rest of the days back. Well after 5 times an email and 2 Phone calls we get the money back on Sept 17 !!!
We thought we could have 5 nice days in St Tropez in the best hotel La Residence !.......

Our advise:Be careful by booking this hotel. It looks better on the web than in reality and let the hotel staff confirm your room with a photo.

The hotel did not offer us anything, no alternatives, no discount for future stay.
very poor service. I had the feeling their slogun is: easy earning and no service
I am very disappointed with the management here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
17  Thank graafpkde
ORaveyre, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence de la Pinede, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to read about such disappointment further to your comments left on tripadvisor. It is very unusual for us to face such negative appreciation of our property but be assured your comments are well taken onto account.

Indeed you booked a Mansard roof top Junior Suite located on the 2nd floor of our villa. This room is very particular as it has a low ceiling but offer an exceptional view over the bay of Saint Tropez with a large terrace, an adjoining sitting area and a beautiful marble bathroom with walk-in shower. Some of our clients are regularly staying in this room but I can definitely understand that tastes are different and that this room may not be to your liking.

Further to my investigation, it transpired that prior to your booking our reservation services offered alternative dates on several correspondences as this Junior Suite was not suitable for 3 persons. Our system is configured not to accept reservation for 3 persons for this particular room. We were surprised to receive afterwards your booking through the internet for two persons with the note of adding an extra bed. We believed you accepted the fact that the room will be a bit cosy and prepared your arrival as you desired.

Finally on your arrival, you communicated your dissatisfaction with this room to my colleague and instructed us to find an alternative. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked. I ordered our team to contact every clients arriving the following days to reconfirm their reservation and maybe find a solution to change your allocation. Regrettably, nothing could be done.

I personally called all the other hotels in Saint Tropez hoping to find availability but as expected most of them were fully booked as well. I asked you for a chance to satisfy you and your family in enjoying our facilities. I was certain that in giving us a little time you could appreciate our property and the team would have done its very best to ensure you spend a memorable stay.

You eventually requested to leave the hotel the following day mentioning at this price you would find much better elsewhere. I informed you that it would be very complicated to find availability in Saint Tropez at this period of the year and may not find better. I noticed in your comment that you interpreted this conversation as “we are a beautiful hotel, you have to be happy here”, which is not at all what was meant.

Despite our cancellation policy and to give you satisfaction I decided to reimburse you the deposit paid that you could leave the hotel without bitterness. I apologised that no alternative could be found. I did inform you that the refund process would take a while, which at this time did not seem to be any issue.

We believe at La Résidence de la Pinède that our guest’s feedbacks are essential to identify our shortcomings and continually improve our services. I regret some of your negative comments and some of your interpretation, whilst everyone was most kind and empathic with the situation. Be assured we all tried very hard to satisfy you and we were most disappointed to fail despite all our efforts.

We very much understood as well that you expected much more compensation that we could offer. We believed that leaving a Junior Suite unoccupied for 4 nights in the middle of High Season was already a nice gesture when no particular shortcomings in our processes were identified.

Be assured that all clients are important to us no matter how much they spend. I am very sorry you did not find our response appropriate. Everyone remained kind and respectful despite threatening us several times to post comments on this website in order to obtain satisfaction with compensation. I am sorry this website has been used that way; this is neither his goal nor its value.

I hope this response will clarify the situation and I remain personally at your disposal should you consider returning at La Résidence de la Pinède. We shall do the utmost to ensure we restore your faith in us.