“Romantic Provencal Hotel Best of Saint Tropez”
Review of Le Yaca

Le Yaca
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Saint-Tropez
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had spent my second week of my honey moon 25 years ago at this charming, lovely hotel in the heart of Saint Tropez, we had the second floor suite with terrace and balcony.
Imagine in celebration of my 25 Anniversary we stayed there again. The hotel had been updated and re-decorated with all top of the line amenities.
But the charm, was the same. The breeze crossed the room the same way, breakfast was as delicious as I remembered. You must order room service...Eggs aux pistou and crusty croissants, homemade apricot jam...that you want to eat with a spoon. Second Best is the concierge which has been there his lifetime....He can get any reservation in town. But you have to be polite and courteous, he is a Gentleman and expect to be treated well.

Room Tip: Do not confuse with Hotel Y....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pincopalinoglobe

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My Godson Philip and I just returned from a delightful 6 day stay at Le Yaca Hotel. It was my second visit and it seemed better than ever. The Provencal Hotel is loaded with charm, serenity,beauty plus an amazing location, you can walk everywhere. Our room was small but lovely furnished with views of the hotel's gardens. The bathroom was deluxe with large soaking tub. The staff is first rate and always on hand to help you in any manner with a stellar attitude to boot. We paid to have our car parked on a daily basis by the staff which was well worth the money, and when asked for, it appeared within minutes. Although we went to Club 55 every day for lunch, we did enjoy a salad after a dip in the lovely pool on the premises, which was delicious indeed. I cannot say enough good things about Le Yaca and can't imagine staying at any other hotel. I look forward to returning next year

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights as part of a 12 day trip along the coast and to Provence. The location is superb and the room was great. It was small, but that's ok with us... we were lucky to have the reservation as we booked it in high season approx 3 weeks before arriving.Care more about the AC working, clean, and having ammenities. It had all of that. The staff was very helpful but I tipped them several times and they responded well. I found without that, not too much help. We used the beach shuttle. We had to wait about 30 minutes for it to arrive and then went directly to the private beach. Upon return, the man told us he may not be able to get us at all, b/c he is busy and in that case we would need to call a cab for 60 euros. I told him he must come back and he did, but on his time. Pros: clean, great air conditioning, nice, helpful staff (with repeat gratuity), and amazing location. Cons: pricey, shower leaked onto the floor and there was some mildew in the corner of the shower where the water leaks-otherwise immaculate. The day we left we had to leave very early around 7:30am. We visited the concierge the night before, and reassured us "no problem, dont worry". We were going to need our car from the lot which we paid for and help with bags. I then called the front desk the night before, b/c their book in the room says you need to tell them of early departures and settle the bill the night before. Did that and was stold no problem again and just to call in the am. I reminded her 7:30 am departure. Then in the am at around 7:15 called to say we were ready and was told "you didnt tell us 7:30 you said 8:30". The driver doesnt come in until around 8:30...sorry!! Then someone came (nice man & very helpful)around 8:15 with our car and to help with bags. Then the bill got settled. Not a reason not to go there, but these few things were the reason I didnt give it 5 starts. I would definitely stay there again; no question.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LCR9999
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Great little find , lovely staff -very helpful, great rooms, not huge but immaculate, not modern more provencale in style. Gorgeous to have a pool in town, lovely to take a dip before heading to a beach club. The hotel restaurant is actually very good and on Friday and Saturday nights there are live jazz singers. The only tip i would give not to accept is the beach shuttle which actually works out more expensive than a regular taxi.The other slight draw back is because of the rooms tiled floors noise does travel and we were woken on a number of occasions by people coming in late in the rooms above us. Saying all this we will return next year ,as for 4 girls on a trip away from the children it was ideal, perhaps if you are looking for more glamour or romance try Le Byblos or bastide st tropez.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel is well situated a couple of minutes walk from the port. It has character, charm and offers an excellent service. I stayed at the "Y" annex and had a bath the size of an Olympic pool. My room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The garden and pool are an ideal space in which to have a glorious breakfast at the start of the day. The service from the staff was first rate. This is a first rate quality hotel. My only advice would be if you are going by car that you have a good map, or are with someone who knows the area well. The back streets are narrow, often one-way and full of tourists, so although it may look easy to get to the hotel, it can be more complicated then it seems at first.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Heinrich000
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We originally booked to stay at the "y" rather than at the yaca but quickly realised this was a mistake - the Y is v simple ( i assume this would be classed as minimalist) , noisy with thin walls and our room was close to the road which again was noisy and so not really upto scratch but to be fair to the conceirge they did sort out for us to move up to it bigger brother the next day
Yaca much better as we moved up after one night with great rooms and good courtyard to have drink / lunch overlooking the pool and the location itself is a real bonus as is close to everything and they have a shuttle service down to the beach

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank worldtraveller45
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Our room was very clean, quite cozy and the shower perfect. The ambiance of the hotel was pleasing with a bohemian feel and large courtyard for dining and with a beautiful pool. The staff and service were both friendly and outstanding. I was also surprised and happy to be able to access the Internet to check my email with my iPad without any problems.
You can either have the Valet park your car on the street for free or park it in a secured lot for a fee.
The hotel does not nickel and dime guests; you use and pay for what you want.
Michel, the concierge, took great care with the social arrangements for our group and we enjoyed the day and night-life.
We will for sure recommend Le Yaca to our friends and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple