“5* staff, 5* food, 3* rooms”

Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Saint-Tropez
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We enjoyed our stay at La Tartane. The pool, the staff, the location, the shuttle service and the restaurant were all fantatstic. The only thing that let down the hotel were the rooms which were not inline with the rest of the hotel. The room was very dark, the beds hard, the lock on the patio door did not work which was unacceptable and the bathrooms needed regrouting. I would certainly stay at this hotel again but only if the rooms were given a make over to command the peak rates charged. Arriving home seemed luxurious!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Anonymous611

Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel is more like a retreat and what a retreat it is absolutely beautiful the room was fantastic it was a suite and had its own courtyard at the back a veranda at the front and a balcony off the bedroom all surrounded with beautiful gardens and the scent of flowers constantly wafting over , the pool area is gorgeous let alone the restaurant under the pergola , the food was extremely good and of the highest standard , the free shuttle in and out of town was fantastic and we used it every day its only about 2 km away perfect, distance the staff were brilliant and extremely helpful couldn't be happier with this hotel and we will be back thats for sure .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KennedysGoldCoast
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Hotel is quite pleasant with nice restaurant and pool. Rooms are very small. We had a junior suite which was basically a small room with a bath in the bedroom and an outside shower. Staff were very pleasant. The problems began when the power went off in our room 30 minutes before we had to go to a big party. The manageress' attitude was basically that it wasn't her fault and we had to make the best of it. They eventually moved us to another room, stuffed all of our clothes in the wrong cases scrunched up. The next morning was surprised that they had charged the same rate for an inferior room and no apology for the inconvenience and the manageress became incredibly rude and arrogant. Would never stay there again as politeness is one of the basic requirements of a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sttropeztrip
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I have just read the comments by Suzy1907 and must fully agree. I left money in the room and it was not there when I checked out. I also had the impression that somebody had been through our belongings. The manageress was not in the slightest bit interested in our concerns and inter-mated that we was making it up . There are lots of hotels in the Saint Tropez area, CHOOSE ANOTHER!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glen2708
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I am in room 3, its 1:30am and the music from the restaurant is so loud we cant sleep, i made a compliant and they told me that the music stops when the last person leaves the restaurant. So far the staff have been good, the transfers to town and beach good, but, dont stay here for 450 euro i expect sleep at 1:30am...I am appalled.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elliotcaus
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I stayed here for 2 days while visiting St. Tropez. I don't know what the other reviewers were complaining about, but I loved this place. The interiors were beautiful, the service was great (I had no problems getting 3 scoops of ice cream at 2am), and it was just beautiful being in the country side. Yes, the beds are a bit firm, but that's the same for most places in Europe, if you realize. The Clarita toiletries are great (good conditioner for my hair). I had a great sleep, no complains whatsoever. My only gripe is that the cleaning lady came in even though I left the "do not disturb" sign hanging. If you stay here, you definitely need a car - we had a rental and drove everywhere during our stay. The restaurant was disappointing though - Chinese / Thai food? I was hoping for some French.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank pinkfacedbunny
Reviewed 30 January 2010

The hotel looked perfect, and at first I could not fault it, but when trying to sleep, I was woken up many times by the sound of a major waterfall in my head. At least that's what it sounded like. In fact, it was the plumbing from the sink next door, which sounded like it was millimetres away. Being as I am a traveller who considers the ability to get a good night's rest pretty much top of the list of needs when choosing a hotel, I will give it a miss next time I am in St Tropez. When I told the manager about my experience in the morning, they showed no interest at all.

• Stayed: April 2009
3  Thank EuropeanLawyer
Travellers also viewed these Saint-Tropez hotels
Hotel La Residence de la Pinede
#10 of 73 in Saint-Tropez
Le Yaca
Le Yaca
#17 of 73 in Saint-Tropez

Been to Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane

Address: Rte des Salins, 83990, Saint-Tropez, France
Region: France > Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur > French Riviera - Cote d'Azur > Saint-Tropez
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#18 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Tropez
Price Range: £274 - £957 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Tartane St Tropez