“Don't really cost that”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Saint-Tropez
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Don't really cost that”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was staying in this hotel one week in August 2013. Prices for rooms are really high, but the rooms are so small and weren't significant at all. Was very disappointed by that fact that there was no space for my clothes, therefore all week I keep my stuff in the baggage! In the room there wasn't no tea or coffee, and very bad WIFI. Once I asked for an iron (yes, there wasn't even irons in the room!), housekeeping department told me that there are no free irons and they could give it to me only tomorrow. It sounds weird for 5* hotel. The music from the roof lounge was heard in the rooms, therefore was difficult to catch up asleep.
Another noticeable thing, when we asked concierge to organize for us a transfer for a beach, they called a taxi, not a shuttle. We were a group of friends, and asked concierge in advance to recommend us nice places for a dinner for each day. Some of them were nice, some of them were really boring with public 50+.

The gym on the second floor is so small, that if there are more than 2-3 people inside you will feel uncomfortable. I couldn't find even the place to do my yoga exercises. On the roof there is beautiful swimming pool and only not more than 10 sun beds for all guests.

The good thing is hotel location - it is the heart of the city and it is easy to get everywhere you want. Me and my friend have hospitality background, and were not satisfied at all with this place. If you want to pay a lot for nothing - this hotel would be the best choice.

Room Tip: My other friend was staying in the room from the other side of the hotel, situation was the same: lo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nataliya B
HdeParis_St-Tropez, Directeur général at Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Nataliya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. However it is with great regret we read that your stay was not to your expectations.

I would be pleased to talk with you about your experience at the hotel. Therefore I am inviting you to contact me directly at any time to further discuss your disappointment.

Please accept our apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hungarian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed in mid July 2013.

Very modern and new hotel. The cleanest hotel i stayed in all of Europe.

All the staff were very helpful and professional.

The rooms and bathrooms were huge and were worth the price paid.

I would not look any further than this hotel for St Tropez!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicholas R
HdeParis_St-Tropez, Directeur général at Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Nicholas R,

We would like to thank you for your comments about the hotel and more precisely about the cleanliness.
Our housekeeping team is having hard time to provide this level of service and will be very pleased about your remarks.

We look forward to welcome you for your next visit in Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez.

Hotel de Paris - Saint-Tropez
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at the Hotel de Paris in late June, 2013. The hotel is new, clean, ultra modern and beautiful! One of the main reasons we booked at the hotel was for their unique swimming pool. And it was closed. Some type of technical difficulties and they drained it while we were there. Very disappointing. But the hotel has a lot of great attributes -- very chic and modern decor and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Callabuddy
Dear Callabuddy,

We would like to thank you for your commets about the hotel.

We were supposed to open our swimming pool by the end of June and our engineers managed to do so beginning of July…as you liked everything else in the hotel this will be a good reason to visit us once again and this time enjoy the pool.

Hotel de Paris - Saint-Tropez
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I loved my stay in this hotel. Worth the price (which is quite high). I arrived for a three night stay on the 13th of July. I was there for the celebration and the concierge was more than helpful in my stay. Staff is professional and attentive, they all speak English well so you can avoid your having to use your rusty French. The rooms are spacious and amazingly well decorated out of a home style magazine. The walk in shower is refreshing and the entire hotel is beautiful and cleanly designed. The pool is right above the lobby so you can see people swimming, kind of cool. I did have a small hiccup during my stay. I don't know if Nikki beach is to blame or the hotel but on the 14th of July I had arranged to be picked up from Nikki beach in the afternoon and the rude staff at Nikki beach said they tried calling the hotel to arrange for pick up and the hotel said they would not be able to due to traffic. I ended up having to take a overpriced limo cab back to the hotel. Other than that my experience here was awesome! P.S. The WIFI was terrible, I had to complain several times because it was not working. Kind of embarrassing that a hotel of that caliber couldn't deliver on such a basic necessity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that will actually get a good WIFI signal or be ready to suffer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Infantible,

We would like to thank you for your comment.

We are pleased to know that you liked our decoration and light bottom swimming pool, people who do not know it do not think to have a look up when coming into the lobby!

Saint-Tropez is very crowded during summer time and even with 2 limos dedicated to our guests for free shuttles to famous Pampelonne beaches we always try to do our best…but it remains quite difficult.

Our Wifi is our ugly duckling of the season…one day all right, next day all wrong for some guests and good for others without comprehensible reason, this is not acceptable and we are still investigating to provide a correct service for our guests.

We hope to welcome you soon for another stay.

Kindest regards

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I am fortunate enough to travel to St Tropez for work and had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel de Paris with my co-worker. I cannot say enough about this hotel-from the location, the staff and service and the property itself! We had set up transportation through the hotel from Nice and encountered several travel delays due to a strike and the concierge was so helpful and instantaneous with their response in rescheduling. They were in constant communication with me and so easy to work with-everyone spoke English very well, so the communication was easy. Upon arrival, all of the staff addressed us by name, upgraded our room and provided nothing but excellent service the entire time. Our rooms were quite large and the decor was spectacular. We had rooms with the king bed and walk in shower with the mosaic tile-quite possibly the most amazing shower I've ever been in. The toiletries are Clarins, which was great and on the first evening, they dropped off a handwritten note with some cookies & truffles at turndown service-such a nice added touch! I am also a big fan of the plush towels and robes that are provided. Noise level outside of the rooms were non-existent-I was not bothered at all by noise. The rooftop pool and the spa were not open yet, but these are two areas that I would love check out on my next visit. I was also excited to see that the selection of English tv channels was better than anywhere else that I've stayed in Europe. The location of the hotel couldn't be better-it is within walking distance of nearly everything in town-we did not need a taxi while we were there. I only have two complaints-one being that with most European hotels, they do not provide an iron & ironing board, but they also do not bring you one to use & return. You have to use the housekeeping service for pressing and for two tops and a pair of jeans, it was 28 euro! And it took them nearly two hours to do...........bring a travel steamer with you if possible. The second complaint is that the breakfast served in the upstairs restaurant is expensive for a buffet of meats, cheeses, cereal and fruit. Save yourself the 37 euro and pick up a croissant somewhere else. Aside from these, I have nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel and dream of my next trip there. I travel all of the world for work and this is by far my favorite hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear jmorg8,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez.
Our rooftop pool and Clarins Spa are now open and waiting for you…we hope you will reach easily the hotel for your next visit, otherwise you know that our Concierge team can assist you as usual and can be confident with us.

We do not provide iron in rooms for security reason as we are not allowed to do so and usually have a very fast laundry service…many ladies who need their clothes on last minute can surely acknowledge! So please forgive us for this time and be sure this should not happen again.
Our American (buffet) breakfast is 32€ and for this rate you could have much more like eggs, pastries, and full buffet…we can as well provide a continental breakfast for 28€.

We are so pleased to be your favorite hotel around the globe and will be pleased to welcome you for your next stay in Saint-Tropez.

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, excellent service , great food and wifi
The best concierge I ever experienced in my life, his name is Alain....
The room is excelent, very clean, modern, comfortable
The bath tub was didn't work very good, after a few minutes the water didn't flow so we water stuck in the bathroom

Super comfortable towels and bathrobes

I would definitely repeat and recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Aslatravelhigh,

It is a pleasure to know you liked several points of the hotel and will recommend it!

Alain will be pleased to hear about such a nice comment as a good Concierge is always very important in a hotel.

Best regards

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The best part of this hotel are the staff,so helpful and friendly and most speak English well.No bags taken thru the lobby which is good.Check in in the room, quiet inner facing well appointed rooms.Excellent location and superb restaurant and other facilities.Not chep but you get what you pay for.
Wifi is intermitant weak and lets the rest of the hotel down tho.Needs to be fixed.
Loved our two days and would come again.

Room Tip: take the inner facing rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HdeParis_St-Tropez, Directeur général at Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Jack C,

What a pleasure to welcome guests from New-Zealand being so friendly! Our staff is improving thanks to guests like you. Our Wifi should be in better health from today…

You are right, the Patio Terrace rooms are very quiet and nobody can see you from the outside, colors are very nice as well, one of my favorite.

Best regards