“The restaurant's owner shoots herself in the foot!”

Le Relais des Coches
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Le Relais des Coches, with its beautiful setting, is or was an ideal place to meet up with friends, Quite some while since we'd met there, thought we'd 'give it a try'. We took a 'not inexpensive menu' menu, in additon to wine after a bubbly apero! The head waiter was very pleasant, but the dishes served médiocre with the exception on the fish, loup/sea bass which was tasteless, chewy and extremely disappointing.We asked the pleasant waiter to pass on our disappointment to the owner. Shortly after, a rather dishevelled woman appeared and informed us in no uncertain and insulting manner that no one else had complained! We looked around and noticed many others were eating pizzas. Had there been any chance of 'a next time' we'd have 'given those a go', But next time we'll be trying somewhere else. So will our friends. Lunchaholics unite!

2  Thank GinnyGrasse_Ffrance

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I knew the restaurant with the previous owner and invited a friend to try it with the new owners. Couldn't have been more disappointed, the €32 formule offered tough frito misto and tasteless seabass. When I commented on this to the owner I was dismissed as though not knowing what I talked about. The waiter who served us was most apologetic but at the end of the day we had a bad meal with no apology from the owner. Despite being a local I will not return.

1  Thank Banana2345
Reviewed 7 August 2012

After visiting this restaurant with my partner and 2 children and experiencing a very nice evening on the lovely terrace we decided to go back with the rest of our family - 8 of us in total.

Well all I can say is that we had the worst evening ever. Our table was booked for 9pm and after about half an hour we managed to get the waiter to take our order. We had to ask for the menus. We also had to ask for bread for the children, whilst other tables received bread and tapanade. Two other tables of 5 sat down about 15 minutes after us and were served their starters and were onto their mains by the time our starters arrived at 10:15pm. Eventually after continually asking where our mains were they turned up (around 11pm!). I was horrified to find 2 small maggots (yes really) in the green stuff which was sprinkled over the sauce of my steak. I took it immediately to the restaurant manager who tried to flick it off! She said something to the chef and really didn't make any effort to apologise to me. My partner, who had the same main as me looked hard at his salad and also found a maggot on his plate. We got up and walked out. No apology was forthcoming and all the staff hid inside. We paid for our drinks and made part-payment for the starters we had eaten...

If you had asked me a week earlier if I'd recommend this restaurant I would have said. Ask me now and I would say avoid at all costs.

2  Thank mandy-must-travel
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We visited on a busy Sunday for lunch. Getting the attention of the owners to order our food was quite difficult , but in fairness the restaurant was at capacity. By the time we had ordered and received the appetisers, a bottle of wine was gone. We then had to wait at least 30 minutes for the main courses, only to be told that one of the choices was no longer available. We simply gave up and requested the remaining dishes to be served still on Sunday! Given the size of the restaurant this is simply unacceptable. The quality of the preparation was substandard and we did not leave with happy memories. The view was nice though and the location convenient.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I live in Tourrettes sur Loup,and have visited the Relais des Coches on numerous occasions over the last 6 years.The previous owner Wayne knew everyone by their first name and always remembered what you like.The staff were immaculately dressed,and spoke several languages.Now the food is disgusting and often reheated,it's expensive as is everything on the Cote d azure.I don't mind paying for quality,but this is so bad the locals don't eat there anymore.

I don't think it will survive much longer,then maybe we will get a fabulous chef,and a Maitre de who doesn't have tattoos and two rusty gold earrings.

2  Thank DAISY L