“great find in a tiny place”

Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Valbonne
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham, New Hampshire
“great find in a tiny place”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is one of the small restaurants not in the main square of Valbonne and it was so worth discovering. We dined outside at one of their quaint bistro tables. We were warmly greeted with champagne and they were very kind to share a menu in English with us. My hubs and I each went with the prix fix option and oh my god, each course was delectable. Tomato tart, duck, rabbit, lemon pie, creme brulee...all amazing, with of course a nice bottle of vino to go with it. you know you picked well when the staff from another restaurant show up and dine next to you. :)

Visited May 2014

London
“Not quite there”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visiting after a few years absence wife and I were looking forward to our meal, even more so when french lady at table outside said (in french) you are in for a treat the food here is superb.

Under new management since we last visited we were warmly greeted and offered free glass of champagne, nice touch but was this and the lemon cello at the end to dull our senses?

The food was okay but I am afraid nothing special and we have had many more memorable meals for similar price or less both this time when staying in area for a week and on other visits to the coast.

• Visited May 2014
Valérie M, Propriétaire at Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello Monsieur,
I am very sorry that you have not been totally satisfied of your meal. I will be very happy to welcome you again,taste together you what you have chosen and discuss about what you didn't like,
my best regards
Taunton, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in France”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been back several times, with different groups, since I first reviewed this restaurant early in 2013, including with a large party from South Africa last August, and recently with my wife, vegetarian daughter and her fiancée. Whatever the nature of the group, this place always gets it right. The food is really excellent, and we always have a superb experience here. I now know Valerie (hi Valerie!) well enough to give her a kiss on the cheek each time we arrive. As always, she is delightful, although her English is much better than she pretends. She likes to tease me, I think. Inside, the restaurant is cosy and comfortable, and, weather permitting, eating outside is great fun. My review title says it all - my favourite restaurant in France. See you next time, Valerie. Best wishes. Richard

• Visited May 2014
Valérie M, Propriétaire at Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
thank you very much Richard !
I just got to keep my place of place of first favorite restaurant in France !!!!
regards
zurich
“Cozy respite from cold camping - excellent service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lovely small traditional French restaurant in the heart of the village - we got the table by the log fire. Individual and genuine personal service with a smile. Great well presented food.

• Visited April 2014
hello
thank you for your compliments. hope to see you soon again.
best regards.
Valérie.
London
“Delightful”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited this restaurant on Saturday evening with friends who now live within walking distance of Valbonne. Small but absolutely delightful restaurant, Valerie is extremely friendly, amusing, helpful and gives every attention to detail, service was excellent and the complimentary Champagne and amuse bouche an unexpected 'extra' for us. Fabulous food served on very hot plates. Can definitely recommend this as a place to eat if you are visiting Valbonne and are looking for a relaxed meal

• Visited March 2014
Valérie M, Propriétaire at Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
hello,
thank you for your post. I happy you have been satisfied.
my best regards