The hotel is nested in the Sophia Antipolis techno park. The park is in a forest. It is not a campus with manicured lawn but a full Mediterranean forest, although with very accessible (with even public transport buses).
It is a limited service, mid scale hotel. This is not luxury by any means. Dont expect anything fancy. No Egyptian cotton sheets or thick towels. It is more of a small hotel for corporate trainings. This said, it is in a forest and as soon as the weather starts to be pleasant and warm (from April/May), it so pleasant to wake up in a very quiet environment only interrupted by the birds and have a healthy breakfast (albeit limited to essentials) in the outdoor terrasse. Again service is very limited. You have to be autonomous. There is a relatively small pool but it is not really a hotel where you spend the day. There is not much to do, especially within 20 minutes drive (if you know your way) you can be on the beach, or in the lavender fields.
After spending the day away in Antibes, Cannes or even Nice or Monaco, it is nice to drive up the hill and be welcome with the smell of the forest, the sound of the near by river. I find it a reasonable and convenient 'arriere pays' (back country) compromise and a relaxing way to cover a good part of French Riviera. Access to French Riviera highway is about 10 minutes away, as well as Biot, Valbonne and many other small villages.
You need to have a car and to get used to the itinerary. Dont arrive by night unless driven by someone who knows the area. It is probably much safer than crowded areas during the day, but it is very quiet at night...
The rooms don't have safe. You have to go to the Reception with the old key system, log etc...
While writing this review, I am wondering why do I go there....but I like the fact of starting and wrapping my day in a serene, simple environment.
PS: The rating system below force me to rank but I do not know whether the hotel has a fitness room and given the level of service, I would not imagine a Spa (and if there were one I will never lend myself to a massage there. It is simply not that type of hotel....yet).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful Oasis half way between Nice & Cannes Located in a lovely garden in the heart of a pine forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sophia Antipolis Hotel Valbonne
- Mercure Hotel Sophia Antipolis