“Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We checked in here for 4 nights. The château is an excellent 5 star hotel, with top service.
Everybody of the staff is very attentive and friendly, they almost read the wishes from your eyes.
We had booked for a Junior Suite and the room was very nice. We experienced noise during night, and had been relocated the next day into the hotel tower, room 35, absolutely recommendable as it is a duplex suite with no neighbours. The restaurant, we only tried the 180deg, was excellent. We strongly recommend the fresh fish, grilled! Poolside is very nice, and also here, the service is 5 stars! Congratulations to the staff and management, we loved our stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ReponsesDirection, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I could not be happier to read such a great comment about our employees. I am glad that you found them attentive, friendly and reactive to your expectation.

Please accept my apologies for the noise inconvenience you had the first night, however I am satisfied that you loved the room 35 which is unique in our hotel.

Be assured that your congratulation will be share with our teams and I am sure that it will encourage them.

Yours faithfully,

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
west sussex
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just spent 4 very relaxing days here, the hotel is in a fantastic position and beautifully appointed. From the moment one arrives you are made to fell welcome and looked after. The rooms and grounds are spectacular., with a beautiful swimming pool and a lovely restaurant under the olive trees to have lunch when the weather is fine.

Down side, breakfast has a good cold buffet but is let down by its hot choice! It had often run out and long waits to be replenished. We had dinner in 180 degrees but I found the menu very limited and not that exciting, and although the food was good it was not at the standard I would expect from a hotel of that standing.

We also eat in the Le Chateau -Martin restaurant which was outstanding.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the valley, the view was amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WestSussexWhitefox
ReponsesDirection, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear guest,

Following our previously mails exchanges I am glad to see that you share your experience to Le CSM now on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you spent relaxing time with us. Your comments regarding our hospitality and our property are really pleasant.

Please let me thank you once again for your honest and constructive feedback which allowed us to rework on the pointed out remarks.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and looking forward your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a beautiful property in the mountains with stunning views down to the ocean from the restaurants and some of the rooms. We were warmly greeted by Sidderick, who we later discovered was a huge asset to this property. Not only did he take care of our car and luggage but he gave us advice on what to see and do in the area, as well as help us with our room safe, that we had problems operating. Our room was beautifully decorated but the unfortunately the shower smelt of mould. Our mini bar fridge door kept dragging on the carpet and could have done with a small adjustment. Our biggest disappointed with this hotel was the pool area; we felt that the staff down there were lazy. Wet towels were left on sun lounges by guests and were not removed during the day. Wet cushions were also left on the sun lounges and not replaced during the day. To get a drink by the pool was an effort too, practically had to shout at a staff member to get served. Empty glasses were still left on the tables too; we expected better than this for a hotel charging the prices that they are. Thankfully the restaurant and bar area proved to be much better. A few other little things needed attention to make this hotel outstanding. The spa facilities are excellent. On a good day, you could walk easily down to the town area and back but you may prefer to taxi back.

Room Tip: A mountain view is just as nice as seeing the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sharonbaby
ReponsesDirection, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I read your comments with attention and I truly regret your different feelings about your stay.

Whereas I am really glad to know that you enjoyed our property, restaurant and spa, I considered with great care the disagreements you pointed out, especially the pool service. Please be assured that every comment is a way to improve our service quality and I would like to thank you to share you feedback on Trip Advisor.

Château Saint-Martin & Spa constantly aims to deliver the highest level of service it is the reason why I am going to share with the pool team your comment in order to rework and adjust their service.

I am delighted to know that Cedric took great care of you. Your positive comment will be shared with him and I am convinced that it would encouraged him.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

I remain with best regards,

Dobbs Ferry
Reviewed 16 May 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The property is magnificent with wonderful views of the mountains and distant Mediterranean.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. We dined at both restaurants. The Gastronomique restaurant was a 4 star experience, very professionally run and the food was amazing. The restaurant 180 was a different experience not as formal and the food was exceptional but the menu was a little confusing especially when ordering fish.
The spa was beautiful but we did not avail ourselves of any of the treatments, just the sauna, steam room and a wonderful rain shower.
We stayed 2 nights and were very sad pulling away from the Chateau but immediately said, "we have to come back here next year."

1 Thank Lorrie K
ReponsesDirection, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear guest

I am really delighted to read such a comment like yours. Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

Each property of the Oetker Collection strive to reflect the unique European heritage, so I am glad to know that you felt ‘treated like royalty’ in our castle !
I am glad you enjoyed our property and its magnificent view, our restaurants and our Spa.
I took good note of your comment regarding the menu of the 180° Restaurant, your honest feedback will allow us to adjust with the restaurant team our menu.

Thank you for your comment regarding our teams. It’s always extremely rewarding to know that they pleased you and enlightened your stay. Be assured that your positive comments will be shared with them and I am convinced it would encouraged them.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a hotel of the highest class. It is immacutely maintained, a spectacular location, beautiful grounds, an amazing view, good food (although we did not eat in the Michelin-starred restaurant), first-class facilities and a staff dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of their guests.

It was particularly pleasant in May when the hotel was not too full, and there were very few children, but the weather stll allowed one to be outside.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review following your recent stay with us at Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

It is really important for me to know that you spent a high class experience with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed our property and our facilities as well as our staff.

If you want to avoid high season, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in September when the weather is still great and the French Riviera is less crowded.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at this luxury Relais and Chateau hotel and had a wonderful high quality experience. It is a beautiful hotel and the food in the michelin star restaurant is excellent. Staff were friendly and very attentive. The spa was an enjoyable experience too. All in all a top class experience.

1 Thank Acciano
Dear Guest,

It such a pleasure to read the few lignes you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa

Please accept my best regards for sharing your experience with other potential guest of our property.

We aim to create a unique environment for our guests, so I am glad that you qualified your experience as being a “top class”.

Do not hesitate to visit us back very soon.

I remain my best regards,

Duarte Bon De Sousa
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This property is simply fantastic. We stayed here July 2013 for 8 days and are about to return this July again.
We are a family of 4 with 2 young children. My children still talk about this place all the time as they loved the kids club.
It was perfect for us as we could have a few hours to ourselves to simply lay by the beautiful pool , have a spa treatment or have a drink together "child free "
We stayed 5 nights in the villa across the road and the remainder in a one bedroom suite which for us was better in terms of access.
The villas are beautiful but some may soon get over having to walk down the long driveway and across the road to breakfast everyday.Others may welcome the privacy and seclusion.
The food was wonderful oh and that view everyday just heaven !!!
Great holiday for us and so much so we are returning from Australia to stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

First and foremost I would personally like to thank you for taking time to share your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

Thank you very much for choosing Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa for your family trip on the French Riviera.

It was a real pleasure to read your comment. I am really delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us last summer and that you are planning to coming back this year. Our goal is to provide exceptional experiences to our guests, therefore you will appreciate the enhancements we worked on.

This year still, your children will be more than welcome to our Kids Club and I am sure they will leave France once again with great memories and lot to talk about ! Regarding, the hotel accessibility from the Villas, I completely understand your thought when travelling with children.

We hope to welcome you back next July at Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa for a new brighten up experience in the French Riviera.

Duarte Bon de Sousa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vence
Hotel Cantemerle Spa & Restaurant
#2 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Le Mas Candille
Le Mas Candille
#1 of 13 in Mougins

Been to Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa? Share your experiences!