“lovely villa, relaxing holiday and lots of fun”

Review of Villa Sunsong

Queen size Bedroom
Twin Single bedroom
Twin Single bedroom
Kitchen convenient for Dining on Terrace
Second fully equipped kitchen!
Pool View
Pool has child safe gates and Alarm
Swing Chair in the Garden
Underwater Lighting
Moon over Cap Ferrat
Delightful Evening Venue
Evening meal on the lower Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sue b
Valbonne, France
“lovely villa, relaxing holiday and lots of fun”
Reviewed 18 December 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We holidayed as a large group and the villa was a fantastic place to stay because we could all get together around the pool or on the terrace - but also could find peaceful corners away from it all. The views are gorgeous over the med and a perfect backdrop to our bbq's everyday. The managers were always on hand if we wanted info on places to visit and made us very welcome. The villa is bright and tasteful and kept exceptionally clean. There is so much to do and see in the area that a week wasn't enough, especially as most of us just wanted to relax round the pool and gardens. Thank you, we'll be back!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
keeptrave...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Stunning Villa, Stunning Views”
Reviewed 12 December 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I arrived by car (21 hours!! from London) with my wife and two young daughters to be warmly greeted by Elektra to a truly beautiful villa. I have stayed in SoF Villas every year since 2000 and the villa and Elektra were easily the best of the lot. Amazing Views and location wise its a quick 15 min drive (gobsmacking views of the WHOLE of Nice from the North) to be parked up at Vieux Nice and 7 mins max to be parked up at the beach at Villefranche.
Elektra was on hand to inform my wife about all of the gadgets at the villa and also to provide a rundown of the local amenities in Villefranche and Nice. Elektra's knowledge of the area was exceptional - the time and patience she showed to my two inquisitive and persistent daughters was both genuine and impressive.
The villa was immaculately clean - my wife is OCD about cleanliness and each year she usually spends hours cleaning upon arrival each year - not this time! All the gadgets in the Kitchen plus Wifi, etc all worked perfectly
The massive pool (large enough to do proper lengths) was perfectly heated so that we were able to jump in and out of the pool with no inhibitions. We enjoyed playing our music and lounging by the pool and looking down at the bay and the boats coming and going as well. Breakfast every morning on the terrace is a must!
Our biggest regret was not staying at the villa for more than a week- so next year my family and I hope to return for two weeks August!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: massive heated pool, exceptional service provided by Elektra and her husband
Liked least: zilch
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Paula v
Stockholm, Sweden
“Villa Sunsong - bad service and inadequate price”
Reviewed 28 November 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Our stay at Villa Sunsong started good and ended up in a big disappointment. The lady manager who takes care of the house was very nice in the beginning but ended up by being unpleasant and unreliable. We were surprised by her unprofessional way of vilifying other guests while we seemed to her, as good ones. Her husband comes to clean the pool at evenings without any notice in advance. There is also a strong smell of mould in the lower apartment which makes the rental price totally unworthy. The managing couple's instructions about the cleaning and other issues are contradictory. Villa Sunsong is badly run and is a complete disappointment!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Dec 2014
We are surprised and mystified by your review, considering upon a your arrival, when you admit everything was good, I did tell you my husband and I were going away and would not see you till your departure, as it happens you left early on departure day and I did not even see you then (I have the air-tickets to confirm this). I also told you I was leaving a very competent gentleman to take care of the villa. You did indeed call upon him, when you blew a fuse but you voiced no other concerns during your two week stay, in fact your complaints are not about the villa. So your remarks about me personally, I simply do not understand, as you saw me only once and you were happy with that meeting at your own admission. It has taken 5 months since your stay for you to voice your complaints.

The booklet explaining all about the villa, making everything very clear, states 'the pool is cleaned and checked for chemicals on Wednesday evenings, if this is inconvenient and you would like to change this at all, please email or phone'. With 10 people using the pool during such hot weather, we do feel this is necessary. You did not contact us, so this was done as usual by the pool man.

It was July with temperatures of over 30 degrees, with very little rainfall for 3 months, there is also air-con and many doors and windows, so a smell of mould is frankly, not possible.

We are sorry you did not enjoy your holiday.

Manageress
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing