“Great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bath and shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ira K
“Great location”
Reviewed 7 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The apartment was surprisingly closer than I thought to downtown and provided easy access to any place I wanted to go.

14 Aug 2017
Yes it is a great location! With a parking space included! Close to everything, comfortable and cosy!
Hope to welcome more lovely guests soon!
Mattie and Sue
patchmel
Perth, Australia
“Lovely apartment in ideal location”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Lovely apartment in Villefranche sur Mer with an amazing view. Watching the sunrise over Cap Ferrat is the perfect way to start the day. The apartment is everything it promises to be from the photos. Huge comfy bed in separate bedroom, modern bathroom and spacious open plan kitchen/lounge. Quiet and peaceful at night and only short stroll to the shops and old town. Perfectly located for Institut de Français. Sue and Mattie are very helpful and friendly and I would definitely stay there again.

16 Mar 2017
Love that Mel enjoyed her time with us! She was a lovely guest to host.....
We look forward to welcoming her again.
Mattie and Sue
DianaJoan
Monroe, North Carolina
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I really hated to leave. This apartment has a wonderful view of Villefranche-sur-mer, the sea and boats at anchor. The morning sun rise is spectacular. Sue is very helpful and really cares about how the apartment is maintained. I stayed a month and it was very clean when I arrived and she had a cleaning person come in after two weeks to clean and freshen up the apartment. The apartment is very cheerful with two large sliding doors that take you out onto a balcony to enjoy a glass of wine and watch the boats sailing in the sea. There is a separate bedroom with a very comfortable bed and lots of storage space. I very seldom give rave reviews but this apartment deserves one. I would return in a heartbeat. Also if you are planning on enrolling at the Institut de Francais, this apartment's location is wonderful: across the street from the Institut's garden gate.

Travelling group: Solo
24 Oct 2016
We are so happy when our guests enjoy our Petit Tresor. We can't wait to welcome you very soon! Mattie and Sue x
jennie7
London
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 6 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We spent a wonderful week in this comfortable and beautifully equipped apartment. We appreciated all the little touches to make us feel at home - flowers on arrival and a bottle of wine, staples in the cupboard to get us started, etc - and found it the prefect base for exploring Villefranche. The view from the balcony is wonderful, and it's only a 5 minute or so walk down to the shops and bus stop (though the last stretch is quite steep). A light and sunny apartment, quiet and tucked away. Sue and Mattie were also very efficient and pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
7 Jun 2016
Sue and I are always really happy to have contented guests. We look forward to welcoming many more to the wonderful Villefranche.
Mattie
2travelis...
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Big Misrepresentations in the Listing, Oven Not Working”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Beware, there are a number of misrepresentations about the apartment on the web site and in other materials used by the owner. First, on the web site in the paragraph under the map it clearly states that: “There is a parking space with this apartment.” We had rented a car and when we arrived the owner quite forcefully (bordering on rude) insisted that the apartment did not come with a parking space and that it had never been advertised as coming with a parking space. After arguing with her for a number of minutes, and her telling my wife that she "did not care what documentation we had, the apartment does not come with a parking space," we let it pass. However, once she left, we were reviewing the materials that she left for us and right on top was her post card advertising the apartment. She left a number of these post cards in the apartment for us to take. When describing the apartment the post card said: “Also there is a private car space should you have a car.” So not only did the web site say that the apartment came with a parking space, the post card that the owner gave to us and that she uses to advertise the apartment states that the apartment comes with a parking space. I advised the booking agent and the owner about the language on the website and in the post card that says that the apartment comes with a parking space but only received a reply from the booking agent saying that she would look into it. I did not hear anything else from the owner or the booking agent and we were never provided with the advertised parking space during the 5 weeks that we rented the apartment.

Also, under the “Facilities” portion of the web site it states that the apartment has a “Tumble Dryer.” This is not the case as there is no dryer in the apartment. When we asked about the dryer, we were shown a folding drying rack that could be used in the apartment or on the balcony. The owner also showed us some communal clothes lines where we could hang our clothes to dry. We were not given an explanation as to why the listing said that the apartment has a “Tumble Dryer” when it does not.

After posting a similar review on the HomeAway web site, which is where I booked the apartment, the listing agent posted a response claiming that the web site does not say that the apartment comes with a parking space and that the Tumble Dryer language has been removed. But see the pictures below of screenshots from the web site taken today, May 25, 2016, showing that the parking space language and the Tumble Dryer language are still on the web site. So the misrepresentations continue even in the response to my review.

Lastly, on the first day when the owner tried to show us how the oven worked, she discovered that it would not turn on. We were not concerned because we thought that we would not need the oven but she said that she would have someone come to fix the oven. No one ever came to fix the oven and it did not work for the entire 5 weeks that we were in the apartment.

We have rented apartments through HomeAway for a number of years, have always been happy, and have never had the apartment misrepresented before. The parking space and the tumble dryer were two of the main reasons why we selected this particular apartment. The oven not working for five weeks just added insult to injury. Especially with the way the owner treated us when we arrived and we tried to explain to her that the web site specifically said that the apartment came with a parking space and how the misrepresentations continued in the listing agent's response to my review on the HomeAway web site.

Villefranche sur Mer is a wonderful place and very beautiful. There are a number of great restaurants. We enjoyed the town very much, despite the apartment not being as advertised.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location next to the Institut de Francais
Liked least: The lack of the advertised parking space and tumble dryer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 May 2016
Goodness - this makes me very sad. In 14 years of managing properties we have never had this kind of feedback……..… We do our very best to take care of everyone who stays in our apartments and it does hurt when a guest isn't happy. Both Sue and I did make a couple of errors but we had no intention of misrepresenting this apartment. I was not there at the time the guests arrived so I don't understand what happened. I do appreciate that the guest was disappointed about the car space. However, there is ample parking just outside the door so I am surprised it became such an issue. The irony is that the husband only stayed at the apartment with a car for 8 days in total of the 5 weeks that the apartment was rented by him and his wife. His wife spent a month on her own without a car while she attended the Language School. He also wrote to me telling me how much she was enjoying staying there…….. It seems, to put it into perspective, that this has become about a 'car space and a clothes dryer' and has distracted from the superb aspects of this apartment. The cleanliness and comfort, the stunning views, the close proximity to the Institute and the old town as well as easy access into Nice and Monaco and all the wonderful villages around and about etc...... As I said, I appreciate that the guest was expecting certain things to be there but I do not understand why he has attacked us so forcefully……. It seems unnecessarily vindictive. Sometimes this system of reviews can be divisive and here, unlike some other platforms where the host can review the guest, can also be one sided........ I genuinely believed I had removed all reference to the car space which had been available the 1st year of the rental but was withdrawn by the owner. Unfortunately I had not seen it was still in the 'location' details. Not one guest has complained or pointed this out to us in the three years that it hasn’t been included in the rental of this apartment. The box for the clothes dryer had been ticked in error and again not one guest has pointed this out……..In such a temperate climate we find most people are happy and indeed love that they can hang their washing out on the line as it dries really quickly and smells delightful. The oven had been turned off at the mains by the previous departing guest which we didn’t find out until the guest left the apartment. As the guest said they would not be using it, it was decided not to disturb them and to attend to the issue after they left. There were new postcards created after the car parking space removed which do not show the space. The card sent me ‘in evidence’ did not show the space but Sue must have still had some and I can only think handed him one in error. This seems to have also had the effect of adding insult to injury. Certainly not intentional. I truly don’t understand how these issues have obscured all the other positive aspects of their stay. All I can say is that I am very sorry about it and hope that any future guests will look through our other excellent reviews before discounting this beautiful apartment.... We look forward to welcoming you and please contact me should you have any concerns about booking with us. Warm wishes, Mattie"
peonyegg
Melbourne, Australia
“Blissful”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We have just returned home from our stay at Petite Tresor.On arrival we were greeted by Sue and a given a familiarization tour of the apartment.Petite Tresor is a beautiful apartment.It is obvious that much thought has been put into making it the perfect home away from home.We were overwhelmed at the amount of unexpected little extra touches of comfort and conveniences supplied.The decor, appliances, comfy bed, lovely bathroom with rain shower made our stay delightful.The balcony with superb view made dining day and night special.
The terrain of Villefrance is steep. Access from the car park made it easier with only 60 very steep footsteps to negotiate. One tip to help with luggage handling, have your driver drop and pick you up in the car park.Thank you Sue for your kindness and sharing thecbeautiful Petite Tresor with us for one week.

11 Oct 2015
Looking forward to welcoming more of you soon!
Mattie
Nancy S
New York City, New York
“Five Star!”
Reviewed 12 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The pictures do not do the apartment justice. It is beautifully appointed, impeccable and provides everything one needs for a comfortable stay. I chose the apartment for its proximity to the Institut de Francais (it directly faces the school's garden entrance), but i was delighted to discover how convenient it is to shopping and transportation, and how quickly one could walk to the port. (I had attended the Institut last year, and was already familiar with the hill situation.) The balcony is the highlight. My boyfriend joined me for a week's visit after the school session and we especially enjoyed having drinks or dinner overlooking the Mediterranean and the Rade, with a great view of fireworks, too!

Travelling group: Solo
11 Oct 2015
Will be taking new pictures as soon as we can .........
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing