“Returned for the 3rd year in succession”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Hummingto...
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Returned for the 3rd year in succession”
Reviewed 14 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This is the perfect spot for a perfect holiday. It always feels like home. It is a few minutes down the hill from Gordes. There are a few houses around, but you can't see them through all the trees and bushes, so it feels, and is, completely private.

The extension since last year is a stunning success. When you open the all the doors you have a wonderful view of the pool and the rising landscape of trees and vegetation behind.

The must-do is Sunday lunch outside at the Cafe de la Poste in Goult. A mix of pure theatre and really a original menu de jour.

This year's discovery (on our last evening, sadly) is Cabrieres d'Avingnon. It's only a couple of miles away and is 'real' lived-in village. The reason for highlighting it is that is has food shops open until 7.00pm, on your dooorstep: butcher/deli, baker, greengrocer.

16 Jul 2018
Thank you so much. Always thrilled that you had a wonderful time and always happy to have you stay. Perfect guests.
I must try out some of your finds.
Hummingto...
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Our second stay and ot was twice as lomng as last year.”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Wonderful house, grounds and pool, with some mysterious spots at the boundaries. Get your bread and patisserie at Mamie Jeanne in Gordes - simply the best. Sunday lunch outside at the old post office in Goult is great. Bristrot des Roques in St Pantaleon is a delight. Everywhere you go has wonderful scenery. Easy day trips to Aix, Cassis, St Remy andf the Alpilles, for instance.
One word to the wise - don't hire a big car. The lane to the house is very narrow with scratchy hedges. We were better off last year with a Clio.

misstree
london
“A PIECE OF PARADISE. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 30 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My husband and I spent three perfect days at this magical villa. We loved it when we rented it 4 years ago. We loved the stylish modern decor with attention to details .The pool was beautiful and the garden charming and secluded. I love this villa at this time of year because of the gorgeous irises the location is quiet and secluded amd I noticed a lot of upgrades in the villa which was lovely

i saw A recent bad review.and was a bit supirisee and wondered what had happened but I think that must have been a weather fluke or something we decided to book the place again based on our good memories of our previous stay.

It was super the pool looked redone and fresh . The pool area faces to the sun amd is wind free and you can't be overlooked so good for tanning if you know what I mean . Inside cosy and characterful . We loved it

2 May 2017
Thank you for the great review. Just want to point out that the upgrades were done some years ago, previous to the bad review. In fact that is why the review was also particularly upsetting. and untrue.
Glad you enjoyed it.
LovelyLis...
“Terrible Holiday Experience resolved by Holiday Lettings”
Reviewed 23 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We arrived at this house to find a green murky pool.

The owner Valerie initially accepted there was an issue but gave no reassurances over the time to resolve the situation. We decided to move on to alternative accommodation after a while rather than wait for the pool to be resolved. Valerie agreed to a full refund but after sleeping on it reneged on the agreement based on the income she would lose. She also started disputing the fact there was an issue with the pool sending obfuscating emails. At one point Valerie sent a series of photographs to prove the pool was OK. These showed a crystal blue pool, and one included a child, yet we are childless.

The holiday rental is also advertised as having air conditioning but there is none in the bedrooms where you most need it. The owner also asks guests not to use the air conditioning on the ground floor in the welcome notes.

Whilst in an idyllic setting we would not be able to recommend this holiday rental. We left after 5 days instead of the 10 days booked, and had to change our holiday plans.

In the end Holiday Lettings were very helpful in resolving the situation on our return to the UK. We have used Holiday Lettings regularly and will continue to do so as we believe our experience with this holiday owner was an isolated incident.

Liked best: location
Liked least: pool, air con, bbq
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
24 Aug 2016
I will most certainly respond. The guests contacted me as soon as they arrived to complain about the pool. I contacted my pool person immediately who explained to me that there had been a massive storm a few days previously which caused the PH of the pool to be unbalanced and it had to settle down for the products to work. Even though the pool was not at its clear best, it was absolutely useable ( just like the Rio Olympic pool...). Regardless of this, the same day, I contacted a highly reputable and recommended pool company to come and see what they could do. Mr. Carnaudo of Bleu Luberon assured me that the pool was not perfect but the colour was not that bad ( I was very surprised to hear this given Mr. Quilter's description) and that the pool was completely useable. He also told me that it would be fine in two days (this is a company recommended by the prestigious Rosier Estate Agents in Gordes ...I wanted the best and was prepared to pay for this). I conveyed this to the guests and to my surprise, they were insistant on leaving ASAP and told me they had already booked somewhere else. I explained again that the second opinion and intervention to sort out the pool assured me it would be fine in two days. On the 29th June, I was sent photos by this new pool company to assure me that the pool had improved a great deal. I have these photos and I certainly didn't see any child. My pool man Jonathan also came to attend to the pool. He has a child so as he also photographed the pool ( to show me that it was fine). Perhaps his child was in the photo but certainly the photo showing a clear pool was definitely my pool taken at that time Mr. Quilter was staying there. Jonathan has worked for me for 13 years. He has never taken a photo of my pool except on this occasion and I also vouch for his honesty. the suggestion by Mr. Quilter that I or Jonathan or the second pool company I had called in had produced another photo taken another time is absolutely UNTRUE.
Mr.Quilter left on the afternoon of the 6th day ( I was surprised, he had stayed so long). I contacted Holidaylettings and explained the situation and that I had at first immediately agreed to return all payment to Mr. Quilter based on his complaints from the first day. I explained and sent Holidaylettings photos taken by the two pool men showing the pool and asked what sort of refund I should be giving. They assured me that the Quilter's complaints did not warrant a refund at all and that the issue was resolved in less then 3 days and they could have stayed and enjoyed the greater part of their holiday instead of deciding to leave on day one.
My gardener also told me that the guests said they didn't like the house and wanted to leave. I has already sensed that there were alterior motives for this immediate decision to leave the house.
I would normally not hesitate to refund money. I had to do that two years ago when the pool had some algae. Because of this I spent €10.000 refurbishing the pool last year...so it is in essence ...a new pool.
I take my role as a host very very seriously. I get anxious if things go wrong...but as people can see from all my reviews, guests love the place and fully appreciate how attentive I am to make their stay something special and it is a great pleasure.
I took my advise from Holidayletting regarding the refund so I don't think I did anything wrong.
There is air conditioning in the whole of the downstairs ( living room and kitchen/diner) and an electric fan in one of the bedrooms. There are three double patio doors and a window downstairs and if these are open, there is plenty of through breeze to cool the house and it is lovely. I ask guests not to use the aircon unnecessarily in both summer and slightly colder months when it can be used to heat the house too. This is what we practice in our own homes. When I rent other people's homes I am mindful of all these things including leaving lights on unnecessarily and some hosts do remind guests . I don't see how that is wrong. I would rather keep all costs down so the rates are also lower rather then increasing rates because guests are extravagant and careless of consumption. Besides, aircon only really works if you close all the doors and windows and allow the cold air to cool the house. Natural breeze does it even better..

Finally, I also am happy to say that this is very much an isolated incident. I am sorry the Quilter's felt the pool problem which was resolved in two days warranted leaving five days into their holiday with five more days to enjoy themselves. Its always sad when people are not happy but I do a lot to ensure a wonderful experience all round and so far I am thrilled by the acknowledgement of so many wonderful guests over 14 years.
Nanuet, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity of the area
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
24 Jul 2015
It gives me great joy to know you had such a great time. I agree the region is a perfect blend of nature and culture. I hope to see you again.
Reviewed 1 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the pool!
Liked least: The drive is quite narrow - terrifying for a first time driver in France using a hire car - don't bring a big car!
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
24 Jul 2015
Thank you for a wonderful review and really happy you enjoyed it so much. Belle De Jour seems to have quite an effect on people. I never want to leave once I arrive even during the colder months.
Hope to see you again.
New York
Reviewed 31 March 2015 for a stay in October 2014

24 Jul 2015
Thank you. It was a pleasure to have you stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing