“A typical Ibis hotel”

Ranked #19 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Limassol, Cyprus
“A typical Ibis hotel”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Small room, large shower, very clean. Offers basic breakfast and has basic restaurant menu, not bad taste though.. The staff could be more friendly and the restaurant waiters were relatively rude. Free wifi

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dena D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel 21:30h
The checkin at the reception was fast and easy.
I entered 21:50h the restaurante area next the reception and a waiter asked to me : HOW MANY PEOPLE ? And when I answered JUST ME he said that the restaurant was closed !!! (The restaurant was supposed to close at 22:00h)
Luckily the cook who was next us told me that he would cook for me.
The waiter turned nervous and convided me to have a seat and he started to talk loud in french and in english letting everybody in the restaurant llistening that it was not correct because somebody told him to close the service and then the cook opened for me.
But why he asked to me : how many people we were and then when I said just me he said the restaurant was closed ?
Other problem : the TV in the room not working !!!
Also the air conditioning was not running properly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Virbonetto
Edegem, Belgium
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything you can expect from an Ibis. And it has none of the things you would not expect from an Ibis hotel. It has a silent and clean room and small bathroom with relatively large shower. Free wifi is included in the rate. Breakfast is basic.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Did not enjoy my stay here for several reasons.
Firstly the room was quite small with very little space to move around The room was very dark and hot because of the very small oddly shaped window. Lighting in the room is poor and strange enough there were mosquitos in the room! The room was very clean though and the staff was pleasant. It is ideally located near a tram, bus and metro stop with shops, restaurants and banks nearby.

Do not waste your money on breakfast as there is not much to choose from apart from croissants and stringy ham. The fruit that is avaiable is all canned fruit with the exception of watermelon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank footprints00
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Ibis is the Ibis. You book here for a quick overnight stay, and not any great luxury or special comforts. They have decent beds, and functional rooms, and that is about it. We spent about 8 hours here, between a late night flight and an early morning departure, and there are no complaints. The new Ibis decor makes it look even less 'luxe' than ever - basic furniture and no cupboards in the very small rooms, just bare shelves. But everything worked - this was a relatively new Ibis in Marseille - we passed the one near Gare St Charles and it looked quite run down.
Not sure why this one rates as highly as it does on TA, it's probably the very reasonable room rate - no complaints about that.
We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant, and it was okay. Actually can't recall much about it, which means it was neither very good nor very bad.
With Ibis, scale down your expectations, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in IBIS Marseille on 18.08.13 for one night as a family of 4 occupying 2 rooms.

It was very clean, bright, well furnished hotel with polite and helpful staff.

We had a car and there was a car park available for hotel guests on neighbouring hotel underground at discounted price for €15 instead of €35. The downside was that you had to come outside with all your language in order to walk to the hotel.

We were sure that we booked 1 double and 1 twin room but it turned out we had booked 2 doubles and I was told that there was a large group booked for that night and there were not twin rooms available anymore. I ended up sleeping on the floor but it was very comfortable as pulled the mattress off the huge bed, which remained comfortable without extra mattress.

Both rooms were identical, huge comfy bed, tv, desk, cupboard space, bedside tables, a place to sit by the window. Very clean and modern bathroom, it was my favourite bit. Large sink, very large and modern power shower, all immaculately clean.

It was very quiet at night and the temperature was comfortable, we preferred to leave the window open as air condition causes sore throats for me often and being on 6th floor it was nice and breezy. I forgot to add that I asked for an extra duvet as they were large and fluffy to have some kind of covering for my overnight and waited 40 mins just to be delivered a blanket which I couldn't cover myself with, not knowing who used it before me. I was told that they don't have a single duvet available as the hotel was fully booked. I find it hard to believe that a hotel of this size and standard does not have a spare duvet.

The hotel is located near to port, but you need to walk about 10 minutes to get to the centre port with all cafe's and restaurants. The downside was that there was not a single shop around at 9pm when we were returning to the hotel and hoping to buy some stuff for breakfast as it wasn't included. We ended up leaving early in the morning and driving out of Marseille found traditional patisserie on the outskirts of the city where we purchased amazing fresh baguettes and pastries and juices next door.

There was a restaurant in a hotel, we however wanted a fresh snack not a dining experience.

It felt deserted in that area after dark and we didn't feel safe walking back to the hotel.

Overall it was very comfortable stay, but the lack of twin beds, then duvet, then any shop to purchase some food left us wishing for little more. I would however return if it was just for one night if all I needed was a place to crash.

• Stayed August 2013