“Extremely delicious and good value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Aldo

Chez Aldo
Reserve with
Chez Aldo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,086 Restaurants in Marseille
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hongkong
“Extremely delicious and good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Driving from Marseilles center to this restaurants approx 15 km. however, there were lots of traffic.
It took me 30 minute to arrive there,
I have been there few times, I just go for their Bouillabaisse.you need to order in advance,
The restaurant has a sea view,parking is a problem. You can just park in front of their door, but you need to move your car from time to time to let someone move their car.
About their food. All of them is good prepared, the Bouillabaisse is a must to try, big bowl, euro 48 enough for two persons, the best Bouillabaisse I ever had, it's good value for money. Trust me, it won't break your bank,highly recommended, there are another seafood restaurant across the road, I am going to try it out soon,it's also good by word of mouth,

• Visited July 2014

Villabe, France
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really enjoyed my meal at Chez Aldo. We made a reservation in advance and told them we wanted the bouillabaisse. When we arrived, they sat as at our table overlooking the sea, then showed us the fish that was to be cooked in the soup. The food was fantastic...more fish than I could even eat. My husband had an impressive dessert, as well. We almost went back for lunch the next day because the things people were ordering around us also looked amazing. I was impressed with everything: the location, the service, the food.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank hillaryus
Turin, Italy
“nice but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

nice restaurant on the sea with a nice view. the fish is fresh and simply cooked but the prices are really too high for the kind of cuisine proposed by this restaurant

• Visited May 2014
“View, Nice food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Pizzas in a wood fired oven, fish and seafood from the catch of the day, all done well, this sums up chez Aldo.

The quantities are very generous, special mention for fish baked in salt, fish carpaccio, and the fried calamars- squid.

If on a weekend, book early, if you want a table with a view, book earlier !

1 Thank brightstar777
London, United Kingdom
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Worth the venture outside of town for a romantic dinner or leisurely lunch amongst the locals!

If you make reservations via LaFourchette and request the bouillabaisse, be sure to call and confirm at least 24 hours in advance. We made reservations the day before using LaFourchette, but because of the way the online booking system works, the restaurant didn't receive our bouillabaisse request until the morning of and therefore didn't provide them with the 24 hr advanced notice required for the dish. However, we had the Fisherman's Pot which was delicious and hearty enough for two people to share.

The restaurant is beautifully situated on the shore with stunning views of the sea. The staff was lovely, very friendly and accommodating. There are an array of seafood options for the seafood lover and an endearingly translated English menu if you have trouble reading French. I was surprised to see a selection of pizzas on the menu, but many of the locals that were dining next to us ordered pizzas that looked scrumptious!

My husband and I spotted Chez Aldo while driving to The Calanques National Park, but there's also a bus stop (perhaps Bus 20 and 18?) with a small public parking lot just up the street from the restaurant. A taxi from the Old Port area might be a bit costly, but the food is competitively priced, exceptionally fresh and flavorful with generous portions, and money better spent than at the tourist traps around the port.

• Visited April 2013