“If you like grilled seafood/fish then you will like it more than me”
Review of Chez Aldo

Chez Aldo
Reserve with
Chez Aldo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 2,381 Restaurants in Marseille
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

All the selection is grilled and it is accompanied by tomatoes. On one hand you like to taste fresh seafood and grilling is good for that. On the other hand you do not need a fancy chef to grill food. The view is beautiful however and the service is very good.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice price/quality repot. Very sympatique service, cool view, calm located in a small street. Most part of clients are local people, not at all tourism. You want to feel the daily life of Marseillais? You shouldn't miss here.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited Chez Aldo during our trip to Cote d'Azur. The restaurant is located off the beaten path and it took us a few minutes to figure out where the entrance is. There is a sign on one of the houses that is visible from the road, but the restaurant itself is located further down the street.
We only ordered bouillabaisse because the portions are huge! First they bring a large pot of soup to the table with toasted bread, aioli, garlic and cheese. You are supposed to rub garlic on the toast, put aioli and cheese on top of the toast and place it in the soup. It was delicious! There is something about the garlic together with the bouillabaisse that makes the dish truly wonderful. After you are done with the soup, they bring a plate full of fresh, cooked fish. The fish is also very tasty but I hardly had enough space in my stomach to fully enjoy it.
I am not sure if the restaurant allows sharing plates, but one portion of bouillabaisse is enough to share between two people.
All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Driving from Marseilles center to this restaurants approx 15 km. however, there were lots of traffic.
It took me 30 minute to arrive there,
I have been there few times, I just go for their Bouillabaisse.you need to order in advance,
The restaurant has a sea view,parking is a problem. You can just park in front of their door, but you need to move your car from time to time to let someone move their car.
About their food. All of them is good prepared, the Bouillabaisse is a must to try, big bowl, euro 48 enough for two persons, the best Bouillabaisse I ever had, it's good value for money. Trust me, it won't break your bank,highly recommended, there are another seafood restaurant across the road, I am going to try it out soon,it's also good by word of mouth,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really enjoyed my meal at Chez Aldo. We made a reservation in advance and told them we wanted the bouillabaisse. When we arrived, they sat as at our table overlooking the sea, then showed us the fish that was to be cooked in the soup. The food was fantastic...more fish than I could even eat. My husband had an impressive dessert, as well. We almost went back for lunch the next day because the things people were ordering around us also looked amazing. I was impressed with everything: the location, the service, the food.

2  Thank hillaryus