“Great location, great hotel”

Hotel Terminus Saint Charles
Ranked #64 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
voyageurpar
“Great location, great hotel”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here a monday night. The hotel is very well situated, we chosed it because we had an early train to Cannes. A friend had told us that the "gare" zone was ugly BUT this hotel is situated in front of the "place des marseilleises" (stairs) so the view (at least from our room) was very nice and honestly we didn't feel that the zone was ugly or insecure (and we went out at night). The room was clean, the service very nice... My only little complaint is that you hear the noise of the hallway and at 1:30 a.m. my husband and I thought there was someone trying to open our door... it was actually next door :S

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank voyageurpar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Orange, France
Reviewed 10 April 2014

First of all, I have to mention about the warm reception I got from the front desk representative in Hotel Terminus Saint-Charles. I was there a few months ago with one of my friends and we really enjoyed each and every moments. Along with this, location of this hotel is perfect in every aspect. This is located a bit distance from the crowd but you will get most of the important things within walking distance. We had a very clean environment as well as good food in this hotel. My partner liked the cocktail they served with the launch. Most of all, I enjoyed the stay and liked the staff of this hotel. Without any doubt I recommend this hotel for all of you.

Room Tip: Try your best to choose the south facing room. It will confirms tons of fresh air..:-)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shible S
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently visited Marseille with my family and had a very refreshing stay in the Hotel Terminus Saint Charles. We did our research on hotels before reaching south of France and bumped into this, which suited our budget. But little did we know it would be so much value for the money we spent. This hotel is not just conveniently located for first-time visitors like us, making it easy to look around, it also has some really helpful staff who would chipped in with their warm hospitality and awesome travel tips about what places to see nearby and how best to do it. We were apprehensive about the language barrier, but we were glad that everyone spoke and understood English. This made our stay more comfortable, especially since I was travelling with a toddler and needed their service quite often. They always helped!

The room we stayed in was a little noisy, being on the street side, but we were mostly out seeing places, so it didn’t affect much. The neat and chic décor of the room and washroom was impressive and these were always kept clean (we didn’t have a chance to complain!). Last but not the least, we just loved the food at the hotel’s restaurant – the taste still lingers on our taste buds, yummy! If we ever make another trip to Marseille, I’ll surely come back here for their location and food fare (hopeless foodie that I am).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PalashpriyaRC
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel location is very convenient since it is centrally located, few minutes walk from the World Trade Centre, the Canebiere Garibaldi Tram stop and not far away from the Vieux Port. Hotel is easy to find no matter how do you arrive to Marseilles. When sightseeing you do not need to take underground or trams at all.
Hotel is clean and stuff is very friendly and helpful, no problems with speaking English. Help is available 24 hours. Free newspapers are available.
The room I was in was light, big and well equipped (flat-screen TV, satellite channels, private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi) - I think all rooms are like that.
Everyday continental breakfast buffet is available.
The balance between price, location and service is good - I recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzana S
Bugibba, Malta
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Central location......very clean........good value breakfast.......helpful staff.......ten minutes walk through the famous le canabiere street down the vibrant vieux port where la vita is truly Bella with the bonanza of excursions.....trams and hop on hop off buses to take you to many lovely historical feature points....... such as the island of .......if......where the film ............the count of Monte cris to was shot.........entering the prison I could almost hear the anguish of the tortured souls in there
Lovely city for the weekend........but beware of the side streets as it can get risky as evening approaches. All in all I consider the hotel and Marseille as a memorable weekend break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Annavassallo057
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our experience with ,Hotel Terminus Saint Charles , It is located on perfect location having Train and Road transport easily available to the visitors,
Hotel provides high quality services against affordable price that can be afforded by each and everyone,
Hotel has well trained Co-operative staff with French and English language skills,
Hotel has WiFi facility for Net users,
Rooms are of reasonable size and look like as just renovated, having comfy furniture specially Beds providing relaxed scenario , and stylish spacious Wash rooms to wash and relax.
Hotel provides excellent facility for Breakfast and dining ,for visitors in its Restaurant.

Me and my wife enjoyed trip so much that, We would suggest everyone to visit the Hotel Terminus Saint Charles at least once in life time,
We are planning to visit it again in future, when I get time to do, and along with my children who shall enjoy it for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kashif S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went through South of France by car 2 weeks ago, but didn’t make any hotel reservations prior the trip, as we wanted to decide on the spot. We ended up liking Marseille a lot, and wanted to spend more time there. We chose to stay at this hotel, because it was so conveniently located. We wanted to leave the car near the hotel and explore the city by foot the following day.
Ok, for the price that we paid this hotel was fantastic! The quality vs price ratio is exactly what you would expect, even better. The room was spacious enough for the two of us, the shower had good pressure and it was really clean. Both the room and the bathroom looked like they were just restored a week ago, they even smelled new!
We stayed here for 2 days, so enjoyed the breakfast in the morning, it was small but nice, and there were few people when we arrived, which was almost closing time, but the staff was happy to see us. The Wi-Fi worked just fine, we couldn’t connect to it at first, but the receptionist was very nice and responsive and gave us another password immediately, so it was solved in no time. I was a little worried about how I would speak with the personnel, since my French is a little rusty, but the staff speak good English, so communicating with them was no issue at all. They even provided us with directions of where to park the car and the best way to see the city’s attractions.
For the price at which this hotel is offered and the great location, from which you can pretty much get anywhere, even by walking, I think that it deserves the 5*.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple