Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port
US$87
US$84
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Residhome Appart Hotel Saint-Charles(Marseille)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$260
US$164
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsclub roomgreat locationvieux portview from the balconyfort st jeannotre damehigh floorwonderful viewwell located hotelreasonable sizegreat roombreakfast roomperfect hotelliving roomstayed here for nightsmetro stationciel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited Marseille many times in a business trip ... I tried some hotels .. but the hotel I liked the most is Residence du Vieux Port ...

I remember when I was in Marseille in 2009 , this hotel was in rennovation , i stayed in another hotel which is Mercure , but I wasn't satisfied , I feel comfortable only at Residence du Vieux Port

I like this hotel because of its excellent location , it's just 10-15 minutes walk distance from most attractions and major streets in Marseille , it is very near to the huge shopping Mall "Centre Bourse" and ery near to Galerie Lafayette , and very near to the most finnest streets of shopping "Rue Paradis , Belsunce , Canebiere , Rue de la Republique"

and very near to a lot of restaurants and cafes , and almost 15-20 minutes walk to train main station Gare de Marseille

I like it also because most of rooms have a wonderful view on the view port and notre dame de la garde

The neighberhood area has a vital nightlife and you can make a sea cruise or buy fresh fish in the early morning

the rooms are cozy and clean and prices are affordable

The hotel serve only breakfast , and the breakfast hall has a magnificent view on the old port I like the yellow and blue cups where they serve the cofffee or hot choclate

The breakfast is very rich and tasty , it is better than paris hotels breakfast

The hotel was rennovated in 2009.

Marseille is better when I stay in that hotel ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a high floor with a balcony and a view on the old port (Vieux Port) Don't take the room in 8th floor they are spacious but has no good view (just a small window)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dr W G
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I was lucky to be at La Residence on Bastille Day and had the amazing and private view of the Old Port filled with firework displays from my room's balcony. It was such a great way to celebrate the beginning of my holiday in France and I am glad that I chose to stay at this hotel. The interior design of the communal area and the rooms is really sweet in a retro modern style. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. A great found in central Marseille.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Flying_babi
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I loved every single thing about this hotel. I booked the room months in advance, knowing that I would be there on Bastille Day and wanting a view of the Old Port with a room that had a balcony, on a high floor, that would afford this. I emailed back and forth with the hotel to ensure that I had the room that I wanted and it did not disappoint! We enjoyed a great night of firework viewing sitting on our wonderful full porch and enjoying a glass of wine.

I have to also thank the staff member that was on duty when we checked in at around 8pm that evening. We were tired from traveling all day, as well as hungry. Going out into the fully crowded port was not an option so we had resigned ourselves to no dinner that night. Guess what - the person that checked us in showed up at our room with a full tray of snacks/sandwiches! I was floored! This is a hotel that cares about it's guests! The same person made our dinner reservation for the next night as I wanted to have "authentic" bouillabaisse. He called me the next day to make sure that I was happy with my meal. I had sat next to two locals who said this was the only place that was authentic in the port area and that the rest were for tourists. All I can say is my bouillabaisse was wonderful.

This hotel is different. If you want a full balcony where you can sit out in the morning with your coffee and watch Marseille come to life this is your place. Your should note that the vast majority of the hotels facing the old harbor don't have full balconies - either just windows or juliet balconies. The balcony and the staff (and the room was wonderful as well) made the difference here for me.

Room Tip: Rooms with the full harbor view and a full balcony. Have your early morning coffee there (coffee machines in room) and evening glass of wine there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Traveller48570
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This location is about the best anyone could ask for. Right on the port and within walking distance of a million small shops and store chains, eateries, bars and so many things to do. The action in Marseille is right here. The hotel is very nice, well maintained and well equipped. I am very sure the hotel is quite old but kept in pristine condition as it appears to be some kind of landmark. Quiet, clean and fantastic service. Not a better place to park while in Marseille for shopping or touring.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry8241
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a very nicely appointed room with a balcony and magnificent view of the old port. The room was quite large, even by America standards. The breakfast was a buffet with many items, including a nice selection of cheeses, although perhaps a bit pricey. Parking was in a municipal garage a couple of blocks away. Would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple