The hotel is very close to the city centre - it adjoins the sizeable new shopping centre which has exits to La Canabiere and the Vieux Port so it couldn't be much better. (It's about 10 minutes walk in the other direction to the railway station.) We returned late both nights - from Rue Paradis and Le Panier districts - and felt completely safe at all times.
We were on the 11th floor and had a great view directly towards Notre Dame de la Garde and with the Vieux Port to the right. There was plenty of space in a good quality room (standard double), and the breakfast was excellent. There were abundant choices for everything, supplemented by a chef who quickly cooked your omelettes,etc. to order.
The staff at reception were friendly, enthusiastic and helpful - happy to give advice on places to see and things to do. We felt that the lady serving the bar late at night was the only person who had a bad attitude to her job, but it didn't spoil our overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Marseille Centre has 199 rooms and is located next to the WTC convention center, just a short walk from the Jardin des Vestiges and 5 mins walk from the Vieux Port (old port). The hotel is 5 mins from St Charles TGV train station and 25 mins from the airport by highway. It has a bar and 11 meeting rooms. The hotel is part of the Bourse shopping center, which has over 100 shops. Paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Marseille Centre Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Marseille Centre Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Euro Centre