A short distance from the station, although we actually had a taxi. We were met by an extremely pleasant young female receptionist who knew that we were in fact staying one night & two nights over a four night period. We had quiet very practical rooms on the 3rd & 4th floors looking towards the Basilique Notre Dame. Good firm beds, kettle with some tea bags, TV that actually reduced the sound automatically when switched off, good bathroom, although shower over the bath - not my favourite.
A choice of breakfast, typical French - 4 Euros (weekdays near reception) & in main breakfast room on the second floor availble on Saturday & Sunday with full breakfact availble here.all week.
Whilst we had made a booking for a bouillabaise before our arrival in Marseille, the reception recommended a very good restaurant overlooking the Vieuw Port for another evening meal.Short distance to the old port & next to a large shopping centre - you can purchase extra water at La Fayette.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Marseille Centre has 199 rooms and is located next to the WTC convention center, just a short walk from the Jardin des Vestiges and 5 mins walk from the Vieux Port (old port). The hotel is 5 mins from St Charles TGV train station and 25 mins from the airport by highway. It has a bar and 11 meeting rooms. The hotel is part of the Bourse shopping center, which has over 100 shops. Paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Marseille Centre Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Marseille Centre Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Euro Centre