Ibis Marseille Centre Gare Saint-Charles
US$182
US$97
Good 3.5/5
Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed(Marseille)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$130
US$114
Novotel Suites
  • Bar/Lounge
Residhome Appart Hotel Saint-Charles(Marseille)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$198
  • Pool
US$87
1,590 results
All reviewstrain stationgare saint charlestravelling by trainrail travellersearly trainold portstaff at receptionfree wificomfortable bedhomeless peopleexcellent locationshort walkexcellent stayhotel is perfectrooms are smallmain stationbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We're impressed. The hotel offers just about everything the budget traveller is looking for. It's right beside Marseille railway station and within walking distance of most of the city's main attractions.

The low-rise building appears new and attractive. Check-in was efficient - in fluent English, although with just one or two receptionists on duty you don't want to be caught behind a tour group.

Bedrooms are cleverly set out. Although they're small, they don't feel cramped. The shower room is just as carefully designed. Most of the tv channels are French but we were happy with the BBC World Service. Guests can choose between free wifi (slower and requiring a log-in each time you use a device) or a premium pay service.

With breakfast for two, a room in October cost us 100 euros a night. You don't get a room safe or fridge but the double bed is superb. Don't expect the bar or dining room staff to be as bilingual as the receptionists, not that this proved a problem.

The bottom line is good service, good location and good facilities at a good price. We'd come back every time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location. It is next to the Gare St Charles and therefore convenient if you are arriving by train. The shuttle bus from the airport arrives at the bus station, which is next to the Gare St Charles, so it is equally convenient if you are arriving on the bus from the airport. I found everything to be just as you would expect from an Ibis Hotel. There is not much more to be said; it does the job and does it well. The new beds in all the Ibis hotels are much more comfortable than the old ones. I liked the restaurant in this hotel but I suggest you reserve your table in advance. The restaurant was quiet on my first two evenings but on the third evening, there was at least one coach party staying and the restaurant was so full that I had to wait until 9.30pm for a table.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I left Japan and arrived at Marseille airport at 19.55 via Paris. And I took an airport bus to the station. The hotel is close to the station, but I couldn't find, and I asked a man at the station, a taxi driver and a policeman. He just showed the building in front of us. But I passed by and entered from the rear door. The sign of hotel name is too small and it is difficult to find it in the dark (even in the daytime).
At the reception, a female staff was explaining to female guests. They seemed not to be the guests of this hotel, but were asking about another hotels. It took long long time. A male staff came and began check in work for my previous guest. After that my turn came. I told my name and have reserved for two nights. He checked and confirmed, after that he asked how shall I pay? I showed a voucher where "have been paid by credit card" has been clearly shown. I was unpleasant to become almost double pay. While I was waiting I noticed a fastener of my shoulder bag was open and a memory case for the camera was stolen at the station. A criminal was the man I asked at the station. He and his friend were leading me to the metro station. If I followed all my valuables must be taken away. I entered to my room almost one hour later, after arriving at the station. There was no good time until then. The room is too small, and no bath tub. An air conditioner was furnished and it became comfortable after it began working. The best thing at the room was that Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde could be seen through a window.

Room Tip: bath tub, outside view from a window (room No. 432)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Marseille is a beautiful city and the people are nice, however service at this hotel and at the airport is very poor.
The restaurant staff are sometimes slow and the common areas in the hotel are not very clean
The rooms are very small but comfortable.
There are better Accor hotels in the area, but this is very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business