“Very nice service”

Ranked #44 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Paris, France
“Very nice service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was quite sick and the lady proposed to bring me the tea in the room even if they do not have room service.

Quite nice from her side.

The restaurant was ok as well, though I do not recommend to take meat for the diner.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel shouldn't be at the top of your list. There is a distinct smell of sewerage as you come into the building and in the public spaces. The area surrounding the hotel is ghastly. There is a hospital across the road and because you're on the main road, there are constant ambulance sirens as the poor ambulance drivers battle through the traffic to get to their destination. Not very restful and not helpful to get tired children to sleep.

There is very little in the way of amenities near the hotel except one Casino supermarket and a McDonalds. There was a children's playground near the McDonalds. (2-8 years.)

We bought both our children with us and they were welcomed by the charming staff. They were kind and informative. They were happy to make them a meal early (off their bar menu) and as my family were "additions" to the booking my office had made, I was believe the supplement I was charged was very fair and reasonable.

The room was very small. Very small. No room for us to put up our travel cot for the littlest one. She ended up sleeping between us. Our other child was comfortable on the single bed. But there was no room for anyone to move around, no space to open the suitcase except on the bed.

The bed was very comfortable. Ibis made a big deal of telling us how they'd recently bought new beds and pillows - and they didn't disappoint. Comfortable indeed. Even with our baby in between us, when the ambulance sirens were quiet, my very tall husband and I slept well.

Breakfast is basic, but perfectly adequate and I was charged a lesser rate for my toddler and my baby was happily given a high chair.

The bathroom is also very basic. Although there was space for a bath, it was just one large shower - and the water pressure was a little pathetic. It was, however, clean.

It's a shame it is in such an awful location and has that horrid smell, because the staff deserved better. I wouldn't rush to stay here - look for one of the better located Ibis in Marseille. They're not that more expensive.

One last thing - don't email them! I had attempted to alert them of my family needing to come with me and what sort of baby equipment they could supply and they simply didn't respond. When I telephoned them in the end, they said they don't check it. Phone them up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Constanta, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

For a medium price, my family and me enjoyed five days of holiday in this hotel. It is cleaned and the hotel staff is professional. The breakfast is very well served, tasty and variate for everybody. We also can enjoy there having a good lunch and dinner for a reasonable price. There is only a problem, the size of the room and the bathroom, which are too small for accommodating three persons. Otherwise, only positive thoughts, including fast wireless internet, TV, safe deposit box, air conditioner and so on. In conclusion, I spent a good time in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank valistrmarine
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Very well located hotel for those who need to go to the local Hospital Timone.
I was there to attend a conference in the Hospital and just had to cross the road.
The hotel itself has no parking, but we were directed to the nearby associated hotel where we paid 7 euros per day.
In spite of its central situation, the noise level is very limited as it is well insulated from the outside. Good breakfast in the small breakfast room.
Service was very well organized.
Recommend it.

Room Tip: Be patient and very attentive if you have to stop in front of the receiption to offload your staff f...