I stayed at this hotel for just 1 night with my family to celebrate an important birthday. I took a lot of trouble to research a good place and felt a little anxious about some of the earlier poor reviews. I am happy to report that I was not at all disappointed with my choice. The location is stunning, the rooms were modern and spotlessly clean, as were the dining and pool areas. The beds were very comfortable with good quality linen, and nice touches like bathrobes, slippers and complimentary mineral water were much appreciated. Yes, in the classic rooms, the view we had of a wall was not very inspring (I upgraded my parents to a deluxe with sea view, and if you have the means, I strongly recommend this) but it did not bother us, as we enjoyed the views from all other parts of the hotel. I feel that earlier complaints about the staff are totally unjustified, that or the hotel has recently reviewed its staffing and replaced all these supposedly 'rude' and 'unhelpful' people with thoroughly pleasant, bright, young staff. We used the pool for part of the afternoon which was just lovely, and well attended with a pool bar to supply you with drinks and snacks. In the evening we chose to eat in the hotel restaurant and had a great evening. Our meals and the staff were faultless, and eating outside overlooking the pool and the harbour was memorable for a special evening. The menu is not extensive, and yes, it is pricey, but having such well prepared food and attentive and friendly waiters more than made up for this. Negative points. As mentioned by another reviewer, the hotel is quite complicated to get around, having a layout akin to a rabbit warren. We all got lost making our way from the car park back to our rooms several times! Also, the location, although stunning, is not ideal to explore central Marseille, being several km's away from the city centre. It is positioned just off the very busy Corniche JF Kennedy, and if you prefer to drive rather than use public transport, it is more trouble than it is worth frankly, hence our decision to stay at the hotel for dinner. Lastly, the price is a bit steep, but also comparable to other hotels in the area of that quality. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you Pullman Palm Beach for a great stay, and a fun evening with my family that I will remember for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 150 rooms and 10 suites with breathtaking views of Prado Bay, the Pullman Marseille Palm Beach is located by the sea, 10 minutes from the city centre and 28 km from the airport. The hotel offers an auditorium with seating for 320 as well as 12 meeting rooms for up to 600 people. Our Mediterranean restaurant specialises in delicious fish dishes. Our swimming pool with sauna and Jacuzzi offers total peace and relaxation. Guests can also enjoy jogging, tennis, water sports and golf nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Pullman Marseille Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Marseille Palm Beach Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Palm Beach