If you are looking for centralized hotel that won't check any of the negative boxes on your list, this would be a good choice. We stayed here one night en route to Nice from Avignon. Since we landed here we were able to book the hotel through Expedia along with our flight and got a really good deal. Not sure how good of a deal you could get on the hotel just booking it alone without a flight attached.
The location is steps from the port, and from our third story room looking out over the city and La Canebiere we were able to get a great view from our balcony. We came from the train station, and were able take the subway where we exited just across the street from the hotel. There is no huge sign, so look for a small sign for the hotel on the north side of La Canebiere.
Our room was small when compared to your typical American hotel, but for European hotels, it was pretty spacious. There was room for 3 people in the 2 person room that we were given. The shower was really nice, and the bed was comfortable. There is some city noise, but it wasn't unbearable. We wanted to sleep with the door to our balcony open, but the noise was a bit much. With the door closed we had no issues sleeping through the night. Our room was clean, and we had room for our luggage. We didn't partake in the breakfast as we were only here one night and wanted to experience the local food, and not hotel food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escale Oceania has air-conditioned rooms and is 3 minutes from St Charles train station by Metro. It is just 50 metres from Vieux Port Metro and offers free Wi-Fi access.Each of the Marseille Vieux Port’s guest rooms has soundproofing, a flat-screen TV with cable and satellite channels, a private bathroom with an Italian shower. Some have a balcony with views of the harbour.Breakfast is available and either served in the modern dining room or in the guests’ rooms. Escale Oceania is situated a short walk from a number of restaurants and bars.Escale Oceania Marseille Vieux Port is situated within walking distance of Marseille’s main historic attractions, including the Fort Saint-Jean and the Opera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Escale Oceania Marseille Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escale Oceania Marseille Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Escale Oceania Vieux Port Marseille