“Wonderful Tour!”

Marseille Provence Greeters - Private Tours
Ranked #6 of 92 Tours in Marseille
More attraction details
Owner description: A new way to explore Marseille !Greeters are local volunteers from Marseille who accompany you on your walk, unveil their secret places and top addresses and regale you with fun little stories about the enigmatic Marseille-Provence area.
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Nicole was an amazing guide around Marseille, especially since I sent in my request late. I had walked around the city a bit by myself the day before, but she gave me so much insight into the history of the city and it's buildings. Her English was amazing too! I couldn't have been happier.

1  Thank BEHayley

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Patrick was really accommodating and nice to our needs. I had my 3 year old with me who enjoyed his company tremendously. He was ever endearing and stayed patient when the child was being cranky.

He went out of his way to meet us at our residhotel since we were unfamiliar with the city and showed us the sights and sounds of the city, peppered with his rich experience and love for it.

Thanks Patrick!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
marseillegreeters, Gérant at Marseille Provence Greeters - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Hi,

We're happy that you liked your stroll with Patrick. We hope your 3 years old liked it as well ;)

Best regards,
The Marseille Provence Greeters Team

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had an excellent tour with Bernard and learned so much about the area. What a great service this provides for the city of Marseille!

1  Thank aixcentric

Thank you for the review.
We're glad you enjoyed your walk with Bernard :).

And thank you from all the association ^^

Best regards,
The MPG Team

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had an interesting walk through the Panier area. Our greeter, Ysabel was interesting and fun to be with. She was helpful in finding a doctor for a medical problem . We met many of her family and got to understand the life in Marseille.

I highly recommend this service and hope that your greeter is as nice as Ysabel!

1  Thank LS87654
marseillegreeters, Gérant at Marseille Provence Greeters - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review, and we're glad that you had a great time with Ysabel ! :)
We hope the one who was sick is feeling better now.

Thanks again,
The Marseille Provence Greeters Team.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friend booked a two hour walking tour for us through the streets of Marseilles with the Marseilles Greeters

Before meeting our guide - there had been several emails from the association and the guide asking specifically what we wanted to see to make sure they provided us with a walk which would be of interest and was relevant to us.

The nature of the walk is informal and relaxed - they are not done by trained guides so don't expect a walk with lots of facts and figures. The walks are done by natives who have a genuine interest and love for their city which they want to share.

Our guide was friendly and interesting - although his English wasn't perfect (but was still much better than my imperfect French) - but his love of his city shone through

It was a nice way to spend a few hours - so I would recommend the Marseilles Greeters