“A clean , professionally run hotel that is well worth it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome

Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome
Ranked #65 of 130 Hotels in Marseille
College Station, Texas
“A clean , professionally run hotel that is well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel this week. Other than a weak wifii connection in my 2nd floor room, this hotel was just perfect. Great location, professional ser ice, very clean rooms and very friendly and helpful front staff. Will stay here again if the beed arises

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sdpgod
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear customer,
I thank you for having taken time to give us your feed back on your last stay in the hotel Mercure Marseille Centre Prado.

Concerning the wifi connection, we are sorry for the internet weakness and we have already fixed the problem and it is not weak anymore.
I am pleased to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location. I am delighted that the services brought you satisfaction.
I hope to welcome you soon at the Mercure Marseille Centre Prado and by insuring you our best care for your next stay.

Best Regards

Stephanie GRATALOUP.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

we sometimes stay un mercure hotels and so we did also in marseille. it was in a good location, few nice points justminutes away. metro station was also in a walkable distance.
calm hotelwith its usual "mercure" standardsized" interiour, but we felt cosy there -nothing special,but full good for a short touristic trip there. staff did their job as usual.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank benandcande
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear customer,

I am pleased to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location. Indeed, Rond Point du Prado metro station is at 5 minutes walking from the hotel and let you reach easily the St Charles train station.
I am delighted that the services brought you satisfaction.

Best regards
Haarlem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

The very first thought that entered my mind when I entered the lobby was "Is this really a 4-star Hotel?" The lobby was really small and the sofa at the entrance looks really old (or did they do that on purpose for the antique look :D). The location was ok, close to a shops, metros and bus stops so you can get to a lot of places easily but still relatively quiet. The room is clean but I can't seem to get the aircon/heater to function properly. We didn't have breakfast here as we saw the pastry shop just around the corner where the bread looks divine and can be had for a fraction of the price of the breakfast in the hotel.

We did get a good night sleep though. The hotel was good enough if you will just stay for a while.

Room Tip: try the pastry shop just around the corner from the hotel, its divine.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kreez21
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear customer, I thank you for having taken time to announce us your remarks on your last stay in the hotel Mercure Marseille Centre Prado.

I am delighted to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location.
Concerning the air conditioning, we are pleased to inform you that our staff is available 24h / 24h to answer in needs for our customers and that you do not have to hesitate to request us.
For the breakfast, we propose an express formule at the bar, every morning from 6:30 am till 12:00 am at the rate of 8.50 Euros.

Best regards
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

The hotel has a good location, not too far subway and in a fairly quiet area - for being in Marseille. The rooms are spacious compared to French standards, but lose a lot to the choice of furniture which seem randomly selected without the slightest attention to details.
The staff can not be regarded as smiling and polite.
The breakfast is paid separately. For a lower price you can enjoy a great breakfast in the little bar that is located at 2 minutes from the hotel.
The hotel offers free wifi internet to its guests.
In concluzione, ok for sleeping, but nothing more

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Mercure Prado is located very close to the Stadium in Marseille in a more or less residential area... somewhat far away from restaurants, shopping, city life in general.
The rooms appear to be contemporary on the photos online but are in fact a bit dated. The bathroom is clean but its design does not match the room itself. Rooms are supposed to be non-smoking however there was a very disturbing smell coming through the air-conditioning system every morning (probably a neighbor smoking in the bathroom) which made my mornings a nightmare. Glad at least the window could be opened to get some freshness in.
Good hotel if you are on business but nothing fancy about it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Customer,

I thank you for your comments during your last stay to the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado.

I am delighted to see that our establishment answers your expectations concerning the location of our establishment.

Concerning the smells of tobacco, I alerted our technical person in charge so as to be able to make an action on our ventilation shafts between two floors.

I remain at your disposal, and hope to welcome you very soon to the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado.

Stéphanie GRATALOUP
General Manager.
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel is very well located in Marseille - many shops around, a great district and walking distance to the beach. The hotel itself is modern and the staff are friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very nice having obviously been recently decorated. The room I was in was quiet and very comfortable. It is obvious that the manager of this hotel puts in the extra effort to check and double check things to make sure the standards of the hotel are kept high. Well done.
My only issue was (and this prevented me giving an excellent rating) was that I needed to keep my hotel room a little longer before checking out (I had an appointment at 5:30pm and did not want to keep my bag with me from noon until 5:30pm). I asked to keep the room longer so that I could relax before my appointment. Unfortunately the hotel staff would not allow me to do this unless I paid almost a full night. I realize that keeping the room longer than noon makes it difficult to give to someone else and the cleaning staff have to come back later to clean the room but the hotel did not look fully booked and it would have been an excellent gesture if they had made the exception this once. I never ask for such an extended stay so this was a rare occurance. Unfortunately instead of making me a Mecure Prado huge fan and letting me keep the room until 5:30pm with no extra charge, they lost that opportunity by charging me 85 Euros extra. The full room rate was 110 euros or something like that so this was a huge expense for just a couple of extra hours.
The little things that a hotel does for its clients (especially business clients who will frequent their hotels) is what really makes the difference. The Mercure came close ...

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty good I think ...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear Customer,

I thank you for your comments further to your last stay to the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado.

It is with pleasure that I takes note of your appreciation on the reception and the quality of our services. Your compliments encourage us.

Concerning your demand of late check-out, our politics of departure is to departure for 12:00 am, naturally, we can accept departures later but not being able to go to 5:30 pm. At the present time the room could not be sold, that is why we asked you for the payment of a fixed price for late check-out.
We also have a luggage service in reception, we can keepyour luggage.

I hope I can receive you very soon in the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado