Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome
  • Restaurant
Alex Hotel(Marseille)
US$126
US$117
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had to make a 1 night stay in Marseiile and being the first time to this city, I read about narrow streets and lack of parking space. Given that I came by car, I was browsing for a hotel in the heart of the city with parking space. One of the first choices turned out to be this Mercure. The website to which I am about to complain said that the hotel is in the heart of the town, overlooking the port, has swimming pool and it's own parking. Anyway, it was misleading information and I ended up arriving at an okay hotel 4 km from the main attractions and no own but public parking they work with. which is closed on the weekends. Anyway, I could find another one also next door.

So, hotel has no scenic view, lobby is typical for a budget hotel, no porter of course. The check in though was quick and efficient. The reception lady was very kind and helpful giving me directions how to get downtown.

My room was on the second floor. Poorly painted walls, smelly and stained carpet in the corridor. The room though was a contrast. Very clean sheets, clean bathroom, coffee and tea available. Small tv and limited channels. Next day I checked out.

Free internet is a great plus

Anyway, this is a good hotel for people on budget and who have more time to explore the town. Metro station is 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Perhaps look for higher floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FrequentBizTraveler1
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear customer,

I thank you for your comments further to your last stay to the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado.

I am saddened that the website on wich you have made your booking gived you bad information about the hotel.

For any other reservation I recommend you to book on the Mercure’s web sites .
I thank you for your positive comments concerning my reception staff and the cleanliness of the room.

I hope I can receive you very soon in the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado.

Stéphanie Grataloup

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

The service was impeccable. The receptionist was so kind, as she provided my friend and I (2 students backpacking through Europe) a discounted price and free breakfast. The room was a luxury and the breakfast was phenomenal. If you are planning on staying in Marseille for a few nights, this hotel is perfect for you.

• Stayed: June 2013
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear customer,

I thank you for taking time to give us your feed back on your last stay in the hotel Mercure Marseille Centre Prado.

It is always a great pleasure and pride for my team and myself to aknowledge such comments, your satisfaction is a reward for us.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again soon in Marseille.

Stéphanie Grataloup

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel this week. Other than a weak wifii connection in my 2nd floor room, this hotel was just perfect. Great location, professional ser ice, very clean rooms and very friendly and helpful front staff. Will stay here again if the beed arises

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank sdpgod
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear customer,
I thank you for having taken time to give us your feed back on your last stay in the hotel Mercure Marseille Centre Prado.

Concerning the wifi connection, we are sorry for the internet weakness and we have already fixed the problem and it is not weak anymore.
I am pleased to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location. I am delighted that the services brought you satisfaction.
I hope to welcome you soon at the Mercure Marseille Centre Prado and by insuring you our best care for your next stay.

Best Regards

Stephanie GRATALOUP.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

we sometimes stay un mercure hotels and so we did also in marseille. it was in a good location, few nice points justminutes away. metro station was also in a walkable distance.
calm hotelwith its usual "mercure" standardsized" interiour, but we felt cosy there -nothing special,but full good for a short touristic trip there. staff did their job as usual.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benandcande
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear customer,

I am pleased to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location. Indeed, Rond Point du Prado metro station is at 5 minutes walking from the hotel and let you reach easily the St Charles train station.
I am delighted that the services brought you satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The very first thought that entered my mind when I entered the lobby was "Is this really a 4-star Hotel?" The lobby was really small and the sofa at the entrance looks really old (or did they do that on purpose for the antique look :D). The location was ok, close to a shops, metros and bus stops so you can get to a lot of places easily but still relatively quiet. The room is clean but I can't seem to get the aircon/heater to function properly. We didn't have breakfast here as we saw the pastry shop just around the corner where the bread looks divine and can be had for a fraction of the price of the breakfast in the hotel.

We did get a good night sleep though. The hotel was good enough if you will just stay for a while.

Room Tip: try the pastry shop just around the corner from the hotel, its divine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kreez21
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear customer, I thank you for having taken time to announce us your remarks on your last stay in the hotel Mercure Marseille Centre Prado.

I am delighted to see that our establishment answers your expectations as regards its location.
Concerning the air conditioning, we are pleased to inform you that our staff is available 24h / 24h to answer in needs for our customers and that you do not have to hesitate to request us.
For the breakfast, we propose an express formule at the bar, every morning from 6:30 am till 12:00 am at the rate of 8.50 Euros.