Grand Tonic Hotel Vieux Port
US$364
US$282
Sofitel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent locationvieux portnoise insulationlocated hotela harbour view roomfish marketnice hotelgreat cityhuge bathroomclean bathroomthe air conditioningstayed here for one nighttwin roomrestaurants and barsshort staylate at nightbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at the tonic hotel it was a nice hotel but for a 4 star there is no security no cameras no nothing! We stayed here for 5 nights and on the last night we had our safe stole out of our rooms this was a inside job! They had our passports money boarding passes and phone! Reported this to the management and they really didn't want to know manager seemed to give the impression of he knew things were happening like this! Ruined our holiday shame as the hotel was nice but you just can not trust the staff!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed in a room facing the court yard which is probably a bonus both cost wise and definatly noise wise considering the traffic outside.Check in was quick and efficient and I found the room big enough and the bathroom was also big.I wish that during their renovation they would have switched the bath tub to a shower cubicle as it's a bit difficult to enter for a shower.I was given quick and easy assistance to enter their free WIFI service.Breakfast is good and varied

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is at the Vieux Port, perfect location. That is, if you get a room on the street side... Most rooms are on the back side, so your view could be a big concrete wall, or some laundry hanging out... Rooms have been renovated, and are fine. Still, i find them overpriced, like most of the hotels in Marseille.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Tonic from June 4th through June 6th 2014. I was impressed from the moment I walked in the front door. The check in process was fantastic and the young man at the front desk was so professional. Not only did he check me in promptly he asked if I needed any directions, or any advice on what to do or see. He offered me a map, I have never had a hotel in Europe offer me this much Customer Service when I checked in.

The hallways were clean and smelled very good. I stayed in room 104. This room had a great view of the Old Port and was very large. The bathroom was very updated and modern. Nice sink area with lots of room for my toiletries. There was a full bathtub and shower. The tub was a Jacuzzi tub.

The closet was very large with lots of space to hang clothes, and lots of shelves for storage. There was a safe in the closet, with extra pillows and blankets as well.
The bed room was also large with two twin beds. There was a desk and flat screen TV and a small refrigerator with mini bar and water to buy. The room has a small area with a luggage rack and a full length mirror. This room and hotel well exceeded my expectations.

Each morning I had breakfast in the restaurant. Very nice and excellent service once again. There were both hot items (eggs, potatoes, beacon) and cereal and fruit and lots of bread.

The best rooms at this hotel would be 102,103, & 104. This hotel has the best service and best price I have seen in a long time.

Room Tip: Best rooms that face the Port 102,103,104.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MJRLdal
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. Nice staff and location was superb. Bathroom was of really bad standard althow the tub was nice. Hotel in great need of frechening up. Dull reception and breakfast too expencive even for France.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple