“A nice breath of fresh air hotel in a wonderful location”
Review of Hermes

Hermes
Ranked #25 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2014. The hotel has a wonderful situation just a few minutes from the metro and just off the harbor's boardwalk. The most amazing thing about this hotel is roof top terrace with its stunning view of the cathedral and harbor. A must is to bring up a beverage at sunset and enjoy the views. On both occasions my husband and I were the only ones on the roof and we enjoyed a bottle of wine (the front desk provides an opener and glasses). Enjoying this picturesque view for two nights was one of our Marseille highlights.

Our room was spotless. I agree with a previous reviewer that the room décor is Ikea trend but pleasing to the eye. The rooms are not huge but adequate by European standards. Ask for a room with a terrace if available. When we closed our terrace doors we did not hear the outside noise (we were on the 5th floor). Each time I corresponded via email with the hotel, I received a prompt and gracious reply. All staff spoke English and made some good restaurant suggestions.
Definitely a nice well priced centrally located hotel with good staff.

Room Tip: ask for terrace room if available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Quitobaby

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights in Jan 2014, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to the harbor, and all the fun locations. The metro is very close by. The room is small but a good size for France. The decor is Ikea-ish. The room was very clean. It can accommodate one big suitcase. The breakfast was elaborate and worth the price. Its a great way to explore Marseille.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sauanu
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here in late June 2013 for only one night unfortunately. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is superb and is right on the harbour so plenty of restaurants & cafes only metres away. The terrace area on top of the hotel is worth spending some time at any time of the day. Could have sat up there for hours. The views over the port area are spectacular. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a partial view of the port from our room. Next time I would request a room looking directly at/facing the harbour. Overall loved this place and did not discover any negatives. Would certainly return here. The breakfast is amazing too!

Room Tip: Get in early and request harbour view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tim h
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel twice, 5 night overall (in the same room). Location coudn't be better right on the old harbor (Vieux port). I slept on the first floor with a partial view to the port. The room was very small but there was enough place to one big suitcase and a place to hang the coat. In addtion, I had a desk for my stuff. TV was a small LCD with several French/IItalian/German channels. The room was seperated from the bathroom by (very heavy) door. which was also very clean. My impression is that the room was recently renovated as it was in perfect condition.
Reception was very helpful and gave me recommendation of 2 excellent (non touristic) restaurants area. Unfortunately, two of the night persons did not or barely spoke english.
My e-mails to the hotels regarding confirmation and notifications were immidiately answered.
I paid 92 euros per night (excluding breakfast), a bit expensive but justified due to the location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom_ISR
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Located on the vieux port, top location. We had a very small (as usual in France) but eloquently equipped room with new furnishings and bathroom. It is a two star hotel but for me could be a three star hotel (normally we go to 4 star). It is very clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast was elaborate and we have had worse in some 4 star hotels.
Do go, top price quality, clean and top location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank wheretogoegypt
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I arrived early so my room was not ready, but the very friendly receptionist looked after my bag and my room was ready early afternoon.

Rooms are basic but very clean, brightly appointed and in great condition. Bathroom is fine, with a fairly small shower. The desk is very small so this is not a business hotel.

Windows open fully over the street and you can look down the street to the lovely harbour. Roof terrace receives loads of sun and has a stunning view over the harbour.

Would happily use again for a short break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bard_Lucy_Hume_XI
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had a room with a terrace with an amazing view over the old port. The room was very clean and tidy. It was split up like a small apartment: entrance door and then separate doors into the bedroom, toilet and bathroom. The breakfast was ok, but everything you wanted: coffee, fresh orange juice, croissants, baguette, ham, cheese, cake, yoghurts. The breakfast was an additional 8 Euros. The hotel is rated as 2-star but definitely deserves 3 stars!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple