We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of August and had a good experience. I will try and point out pros and cons but again – please judge if these ‘niggles’ in cons are a problem for you. Overall, the hotel is in a good location – about 10-15 min walk to Vieux Port via the main shopping area (do drop down by 1 street as opposed to walking straight and then down). There are 2 restaurants just 2 min walk (literally cross the street, walk 15-20 meters and you are there) and more cafe/sandwich/restaurants about 5 min away including Starbucks. All reasonable prices so we always ate there. The staff speaks some English but not fluent. It’s located on a quiet road but then we had a room on the back so noise wouldn’t have travelled that far. The door to the hotel is locked and you get buzzed in, there is somebody at the reception at any time, ready to help. It’s a small hotel and quite reasonable prices for Marseille as the main hotels on the Vieux Port are more towards £170-200+ and you will be on a very very busy main road so a lot of noise pollution. There is a lift om but it’s rather small so 2 people and 2 suitcases just about fit. There was no Please do not disturb sign so we had to go and ask for one – don’t know if it was lost or not provided but wasn’t there. Our prestige room was on the small side with no bedside tables, 2 single beds were quite comfy albeit small. Room was individually air conditioned so very effective as you set the temperature and how hard the fan blows. We only got 1 pillow each and these were so used that almost flat. We asked for 1 more pillow and were told it’s a full hotel so they have none. The next day we did get 1 pillow which was more of a sitting pillow than a bed pillow. The bathroom was as big as the room with a jaccuzi like bathtub – to be honest they could have reduced the bathroom and give the room more space. The door to the bathroom wasn’t really a proper door and didn’t close. There was no fan in the bathroom (or was broken) so all the moisture would come back to the room after a shower or a bath. There is a TV but no English stations and volume locked so low you can’t actually hear anything. I understand that it’s not to disturb other people but may as well not have a TV as it was impossible to hear it even when you were sat next to it. There is a safe in the room so you can lock your belongings. Rooms are separated from the staircase by another set of doors so that reduced the noise from the people walking up and down the stairs. To us a good night sleep is a must and we did get it there. We do use a white noise machine but there wasn’t much noise pollution so we managed to sleep in until 10-11 everyday. We did not use the buffet breakfast so cannot comment on the quality. There is no tea or coffee facilities in the room. Check out was 11am and we enquired if we could extend it until 12 but were told that hotel was fully booked so no which was a bit weird as in a 10 room hotel that shouldn’t make a different and the check in is 3pm anyway? The hotel did store our bag whilst we were out albeit behind a bar in the main hotel lobby so not the safest. Even though there is a little bar in the hotel – do not worry about the noise as it never seemed open or playing music or have anybody in it.
It’s a 3 start hotel and definitely has the feel of it. So unless you require 5* with every amenity do not stay here. All in all, we had a good stay with good night sleep every night so happy with the decision. so solid 4 stars.
- No kettle
- Lack of pillows
- Awkward bathtub – if you attempt to have a shower you will most definitely get all the floor wet, not the best design
- Wi-Fi – we paid for access but once we got to the room, all the connections were taken?! So we couldn’t connect, we were told to wait as one may become available. Fail!
- Lack of toilet paper – housekeeping failed to replenish so we run out and the hotel was unable to provide a roll so they had to gave us a roll form the bar toilet. That’s a bit silly to say the least?!
- Shower gel/shampoo are so watered down, they are simply water and don’t other using them as you will not get a wash at all. We bought our own in Carrefour
- TV volume un-adjustable – pointless even having a TV if you can’t hear it
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Music Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.