“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #28 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Istanbul, Turkey
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I stayed one night.The room is very clean,new and comfortable.the staff is helpful and hardworking.The hotel is near to center of the city and port.But generally city is dangerous.If you have car,it is better to park it to the hotel's parking area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Likes: Location was perfect close to train station and easy to get down to the port area.  Staff very helpful in all matters.  Our studio apartment was fitted out with the most comfortable bed and great linen. Good kitchen facilities. Great wifi. Highly recommend this accommodation. Good value for money. Supermarket close by.

Dislikes: none

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I was utterly delighted by this apart-hotel. We were upgraded to room 606, a 1-bed apartment which was spotlessly clean, spacious, tastefully decorated and well equipped. Everything seems brand new and the bed and shower were fantastic. There is masses of storage space. The best thing was a full-length balcony from where we had a panoramic view of Marseille as the sun set - we ate on the balcony every night as it was just so lovely.

It is a 3 minute walk from Gare Saint Charles and 10-15 minutes to Vieux Port, and also near several metro stops. It's easy to navigate as it's very close to the arc-du-triomphe like monument, Porte d'Aix.

The area is quite unsalubrious and is undergoing a lot of building work. I didn't feel unsafe but I wouldn't have gone out without my husband, especially at night. For that reason I would hesitate to recommend this accommodation to elderly tourists or lone female travellers. (NB Inside the hotel feels perfectly secure as you have to use a room key to work the lifts.)

Tip 1) if you walk up to the train station and turn right there is a small supermarket called Dia, and 50 yards further on from that a good boulangerie/patisserie.
Tip 2) bring a couple of dishwasher tablets in your hand luggage as they only supply one!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank UKHec
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night. I found the staff in day time were not friendly but one at night was so helpful and kind!! The room was spacious and clean. I bought some stuff from a supermarket and a local outdoor market and cooked breakfast at the kitchen. The location was a bit far from the port but it is walkable, also good access to the Marseille train station. If you look for a clean and comfortable hotel with reasonable price, I will recommend this hotel to you!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hiroko59
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for one night and the location was perfect for us arriving by train and to pick up our hire car from the station the following day. Just a few minutes walk into the centre to see all the sights, lovely rooms with little kitchens and good bathrooms, comfortable bed and good aircon. Lovely helpful and friendly staff - what a great place, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at Residhome Appart hotel on a long weekend in Marseille in August. The main reason behind choosing the hotel was that it seemed good value but more importantly for us was near the train station as we planned to visit a couple of other towns (Cassis, Aix En Provence) whilst in Marseille. It was really easy to access from the station and therefore the airport. The staff were very polite and helpful, and we were really pleasantly surprised by how spacious, airy, modern and comfortable the room was. In itself for the money i can't fault the hotel at all, it was literally a couple of minutes walk from the station and about 10 minutes walk from the Port. The only thing that let it down was the area that it was in. I have travelled quite a lot and stayed in some shall we say less desirable areas of cites. I didn't feel comfortable at all walking back to the hotel in the evening from the Port, i think it was luck rather than judgement that we weren't mugged, attacked, et cetera, the area was obviously quite porr and the streets were dark and largely empty. We got followed on the way into the city one evening by somebody who clearly was going to attempt to mug us and obviously thought better of it. Do not let this put you off the hotel or Marseille though they are both great and i will definitely return, just get a taxi back from the centre in the evenings, don't walk it, for the sake of 10 euro's I don't think it's worth the risk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bulgaria
Reviewed 27 August 2013

As we needed to spend only a night in Marseille, and we didn't knew the city, I even don't remember how we came up to choose this hotel. I think we were looking for a decent stay near the marina. Well, it is undoubtedly one of the most pleasant surprises I have experienced with a hotel: for less than 90 euro, we had a fantastic room (funny, while booking online, I didn't apparently notice it was an apparthotel, so the term "studio" should be more appropriate): we had a brand new, modern, clean apartment, that was divided in four parts: entry and kitchen, living area, bathroom, bedroom. All the furniture was shiny new, so were the two TV-sets and the bed. It was a true delight to stay there. The receptionist was very nice to all the guests and was literally bombarding us with useful tips - a huge thanks to her. We had free WiFi and the hotel even provided us with a parking box (yes, like a storage case), I think it was additional 8 euro or something. I would straight away mark 5 stars for the spot if it wasn't for its location: although 500 meters from the port, it was in a rather unwelcoming looking neighbourhood that later appeared to be one of the worst in Marseille-ville. A thug even declared he wanted to assault us, but I guess my Balkan-type corpulence discouraged him. So when I later heard that a young student was just slaughtered to death by a psycho, it makes me shudder. Definitely a gem, but beware you do not hand around at night, or secure your movements.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple