“nothing special”

Ranked #28 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Moscow, Russia
“nothing special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

the stay at the hotel was ok, though we had lots of problems with parking. the hotel doesn't have valet parking, we had to park our car into a small lot in the corner of the underground garage, it was a tough experience for two girls. the hotel is quite far from the harbour, walking back at night was an awful trip - with rats running down the streets etc. though we can't blame the hotel, this is just marseille as it is )))

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hi
I stopped in the Residhome Marseille Saint-Charles on Friday 4th April 2014 on a quick visit to Marseille. The room was more than adequate with everything I needed to be comfortable.
The staff were excellent and very friendly.
Although there are some bad reviews on here about the area, I found it to be ok and non threatening in any way, even at 1 o'clock in the morning.
The hotel is literally 3-4minutes walk from the Bus\Train station and just along one road, very easy to find.
I go to Marseille a couple of times a year and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ignore swimming pool and restaurant rating as I didn't use them. Street side rooms are facing a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bootlegjam
Banstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

If you get the bus from the airport, this is just down the hill facing the front of the station and takes 5 minutes to walk to. Rooms are clean and comfortable and we were upgraded to apartments which were self catering. Bathroom and kitchen space were well provided, separate t.v. In each room, free wifi works fine. Staff were very friendly and there's a night porter. Breakfast is €10 but if you just want coffee,croissant, juice, there are places near the station for €5. For some reason , our room was nit serviced in the 4 days we were there? Still recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Marseille, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a studio apartment. Very clean, we'll maintained and extremely comfortable (and good shower pressure to boot). Wifi in rooms was very fast and laundry facilities were excellent. Note that there are some internet access restrictions to certain adult sites that are in place. Just in case, you are planning on surfing for them. Location was central and overall would highly recommend this property.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Adam R
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Enjoyed a three night stay here. It's just five minutes walk from the train, bus and metro stations. It's an easy walk to the old port. Found the hotel to be very clean and everything in my room worked perfectly. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very adequate. I had a room on the top floor at the back which was extremely peaceful. The area around the hotel is being redeveloped and isn't the most attractive, but it will get better as the work progresses, and the work didn't impinge on the enjoyment of my stay.

Room Tip: A room at the back will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Whickham
Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend during our trip through France. Someone recommended that I stay visit Marseilles, so we picked this hotel based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I must admit, judging from the neighborhood, the parking lot filled with dust, the lack of clear instructions on how to get from the parking lot to the hotel (they are not connected), and the fact that the hall way was completely dark when we got off the elevator. we expected some run down place that doesn't live up to the pictures.
What we got was the exact opposite. The hallway lights were motion sensor lights so the lights came on as soon as we got off the elevator. Our room was beautiful! I cannot express the joy I felt when I walked through the door to our room. It was straight out of the booking.com commercial where the people's eyes go wild and they start hugging each other. Everything about our room was perfect. We even had a balcony with the perfect view of the Arc de Triumph in Marseilles. I will go back the first chance I get!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia B
Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

They gave us a 6th floor apartment, with balcony, overlooking the rooftops of Marseille. Quiet, clean and convenient. Spectacular at night. Perfect stay with my adult daughter, with separate bedroom for me! Great location. 10 minutes walk from both the railway station and Le Vieux Port and city centre. Good a/c. Wifi OK. V Helpful staff.
Breakfast not very exciting so we had coffee and croissants on our balcony most days. Even cooked a couple of dinners.
October in Marseille is just lovely. So much to do and see, especially the new MUCEM museum. Must go.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking Fort St Jean and the cathedral, all lit up at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family