“staff will wake you early”

Premiere Classe Marseille Centre
Ranked #69 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Convenient location. Lovely staff. Clean, spacious and cheap. But the staff will wake you early. We have a maid knocked at the door every 10 minutes and asked to admit it. This makes your life unbearable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank taniafrolova
There are newer reviews for Premiere Classe Marseille Centre

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Having read the mixed reviews I still chose to stay here. Yes the rooms are small but I found it clean. The breakfast was basic but nothing that some croissants would not have made good. The staff were friendly and helpful. I did not find the area unsafe and went on foot at night to the nearby restaurants in St Julien where there is choice and qualitity to suit everyone.
So I would stay there again and recommend it

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My Boyfriend and I found this cheap hotel on hotels.com and we were interested in staying in Marseille, so we booked it straight up!!

Where shall I begin with our traumatic experience..... Luckly enough we did read other trip advisor views and knew about the parking so when we finally reached the hotel we parked our car on the corner where we saw some lifts, we headed into the hotel, which from the outside didnt look too bad. The lady in reception was helpful and upgraded us to breakfast for a extra 4ish Euros each. She then gave me these two keys to fend for myself and brave it in a car life. (which i have never had to do before). Once we parked down in the dungeon (5 floors from the surface) it wasnt clear how to get back out, we braved it in a lift and with our suitcases and bags it was a tight squeeze, so tight we had to do 2 trips (bare in mind we were only staying here for one night!) My Boyfriend even broke his toe nail on a step which wasnt marked. We eventually found how to get to the hotel and checked in, the carpets were grubby and could do with a good clean.

We made our way to the 2nd floor to our room. The room was pretty basic, stunk of wee and hbad a balconey with a unpleasent view of a brick wall!! (what a treat!) We had to keep the door open to air out and freshen up the room due to the stinky stink!

Now this is where it got really funny.....1st of all i had a shower and flooded the bathroom, the shower was spraying all over the place, i didnt realise i had cleaned the whole bathroom untill i got out, then my boyfriend had a shower.... we both left the bathroom door open, once he got out and we were sitting on the bed, we soon realised the whole hotel room floor was flooded.... drenched, dripping wet. We felt like we were on a boat on our bed and all our bags were soaked from the high tide... acting like sand bags against the never ending turrant of water. We used the two towels to soak up the water, cleaning the floor as unpaid cleaners.

Eventually we went to bed after laughing about the episode that happened, what a great night sleep we had too, the bed was very cosy. I have never heard so many sirens in my life, unsure if we were staying in a dodgy area and our neighbours were loud banging around. BUT.... did sleep VERY well.

Next morning we enjoyed a basic breakfast, dissappointed with no meat.

When we left and got our beast of a car out of the so called dungeon we had to pull this rope from the celling to call the car lift, we finally got it out and to our surprise there was a frenchman waiting at the surface shouting and pointing, we had no clue in what he was saying but we think we pulled the rope too many times.

Overall..... what a experience!

Room cost about 57 Euros, parking as a further 11 Euros.

Room Tip: Tip 1) Park your car outside the three yellow garage doors on the corners, then walk down the hill t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SnorlaxandNibbles
Reviewed 10 October 2011

there were good and bad reviews for this hotel that i read before booking. It was a little hard to find as we approached from the metro, it was tucked down a little side street but we found it ok.
Check in was ok and our room on the 4th floor was average, it was clean which was the main point. we booked breakfast for the first morning ,thank goodness we booked only the first morning, it was just under 5 euros each, the fare was limited, with some cereal, milk wasnt cold, limited bread and surprisingly no croissants. The coffee was terrible, so my advice is to wander down the road where there is a load of cafes.
Our room looked to the rear on to a courtyard which was nice, and the hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the old port.
Unfortunately, 1 day in marseille would have been enough for me, for me it was far too busy and you have to keep your eyes peeled for these pesky mopeds, they are everywhere, even the pavements are no deterrent and they park them anywhere as well, so no thanks marseille, i wont be back anytime soon

Room Tip: ask for a room to the rear
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is very cheap and in a good position. Rooms are really small and breakfast is ridiculously poor. But it was exactly what expected for that price. One comment: the room was very clean and the WiFi was free and working properly. The metro station is at 3-4 minutes by walking and taxies are just outside the hotel.
The neighbourhood is not safe. If you want to have a walk around or visit the Vieux Port it is better to be with friends, especially if you are a woman. And this was suggested to me by policemen: quite weird.
At the end this hotel was a deal. But remember to walk around only in the safer roads.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Marivi80
Reviewed 8 August 2011

very modern and clean hotel just a short walk from the port

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I selected this hotel because it was in a good location, newly renovated, and looked clean. First, the hotel was difficult to find for me and it was on top of a damm hill. That was excluded from this review obviously.

Second, the room appeared to be clean but the floor felt seemingly dirty. Upon a closer look, the floor hadn't even been vacuumed/swept, the bathroom didn't feel clean, and the room overall smelled mildly like urine. The room overall isn't very big but the big bed (comfortable and big) takes up majority of the room. There wasn't much space to put my suitcase. The bathroom is also very very basic - no blow dryer ladies. It has a tub and a well powered shower head which I appreciated.

Service was fairly good, I was pleased by their professionalism when I had trouble with the internet.

Overall I am sure other hotels in the vicinity will provide a better deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo