“What a place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my sort of place. This place is a great example of how French cuisine and service should be. Well priced fine dining. The fish is fresh and beautifully cooked. The hand make deserts. When Dumas penned The Count of Monte Cristo perhaps he had the idea in a place like Calypso whilst looking out onto the setting son over Chateau D'if. When I next return to Marseille, I will be beating a path to Calypso's doorstep.. mmkkayy

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Calypso

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Upon a recommendation of our french friends we planned a dinner at Calypso.
Nice & small restaurant with amazing scenic views and a wonderful sun downing...

We had Bouillabaisse - but several fresh catch fish were also available.
Our best Bouillabaisse ever, just fantastic.
Several fish pieces coming along - Sea Robin, Monkfish, Turbot, ... together with home made Rouille and baguette

- Marseille at it's best

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife LOVES fish and I LOVE meat. I chose this restaurant for her benefit and she thought it was fabulous. Full of well to do 'foodie' locals, very nice service and she adored the food. The view is great too. No meat, just fish so I cant grumble as thats what they are about. If you love fish go there!

1  Thank Dogontour
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stumbled into this restaurant knowing nothing of its reputation. We got the 'have you a reservation' question and an initially slightly unfriendly reception but once seated the staff were all friendly. We were a bit shocked by the prices but when I ordered sole the raw fish was brought to the table for me to admire and I have to say it was perfectly cooked, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his bouillabaisse. We enjoyed the very theatrical service - and the view is astounding.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was recommended to this restaurant so myself no a friend decided to try. We arrived and was greeted at the door and asked if. We had a reservation,to which we responded. They then advised no room and recommended we try Le Michel across the road, we went over there, asked the same question if we had a reservation and then Were recommended to go to where we had just come from. We advised we had just come for there, so could they please order is a taxi. Oh by the way it was raining during All this time.

He had to wait online it seems and he became quite annoyed to advise he could not get through and then became very rude.

I would NOT recommend these two restaurants. Bad behavior Rude to potential customers. I would not even give it a rating..

1  Thank Rosalie D