“Excellent and highly recommendable!”
Review of O'Pakistan

O'Pakistan
Ranked #34 of 2,211 Restaurants in Marseille
Price range: US$18 - US$53
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place is located in a dodgy neighborhood somewhat like Raval in Barcelona but perhaps 20 times worse than Raval. It was kinda hard to find for us but we found it after a long uphill walk from the Sofitel hotel. It was very nicely decorated and it felt very welcoming with the waiter freshly arrived from Paris and UK. The food was excellent, we ordered different dishes but the one I enjoyed the most was the rice with big jumble shrimps. We were there at 8:00pm for dinner but it got really busy with groups right around 9:00pm.
The only thing I would criticize is it's quite dark in this restaurant but that's only my opinion, I do like soft lights but not too dark though.

There are newer reviews for O'Pakistan

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Quite a a walk up from the port but in a nice little street of eclectic eateries. The place was very attractive decor. Our waiter who had just arrived from UK and was excellent. I can see the points about the spiciness of the food as I saw nothing all that hot so risked a vindaloo which would never do in the UK as it would be too hot . This was perfect at a madras level. Nan was excellent as was the daal. Overall great place, quite busy with good service. . Paid 60 for two which was good value.

1  Thank barcaranger
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stopped in for a hearty dinner after a day's hike in the Calanques. The ambience was everything you would desire for an eclectic and romantic night in Marseille. The food was exceptional. The aromas of the surrounding restaurants intoxicating - yummy. O' Pakistan satisfied every bit of my palate. The lamb sauce with basmati rice were sooo good I wish I could have some right now. Take a stroll down the neighboring streets - it's truly a delight.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My wife had a vegetable thali and I had the non-veg thali and as the title indicates, both were excellent. But the excellence did not stop there. The service was fast and polite and the prices were very reasonable for both the food and the wine.

The ambience could best be described as busy and whilst Marseille has a high migrant population, most of the patrons when we dined seemed to be French Europeans.

The quality was as good as anything that we had experienced in the UK and at lower prices.

1  Thank Lexus51
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were excited about visiting this restaurant. It is rare to find curry houses that match British taste expectations in France but we had high hopes of this restaurant and unfortunately it was very average and the service was very slow. Eating outside the restaurant in the street was quite fun, but overall we far preferred the less costly Jaipur in the old port. If your taste is for bland curries then perhaps you might like it more than we did.

1  Thank Relais