“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Recommended by our host and totally lived up to our expectations. Personable service and with the standard of the food made for a memorable night.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed 3 weeks in Saint-Remy (April 17 - May 8, 2014), and we couldn't get enough of Le Cigalon. We tried other restaurants, but they didn't measure up to this place. The food was outstanding, the service was really good, and we were comfortable to go back time and time again to either try new things on their menu or to re-visit a favorite dish. The filet mignon of pork was probably our favorite, but as soon as I say that, I remember the salmon with its melt-in-your-mouth sauce, and the Italian salad which was enough food by itself for a large meal. The prices were reasonable, and the owner and staff very accommodating to all their customers. One evening when I wasn't feeling well, my husband went to the restaurant to get some soup for me. When he told them I wasn't feeling well and just wanted soup from Le Cigalon, they sent me a 'care package' with soup and veggies. It was packaged beautifully, with all the care of a fine French chef - but with a family touch. We were so impressed, and the attention warmed my heart and made me feel better instantly. Le Cigalon is the restaurant we miss the most now that we're home, and I knew when we were there that I would always remember it. The owner seemed to get such joy from seeing his customers enjoy the food and the dining experience in his restaurant. Please try it if you are in Saint-Remy, and don't forget to save room for the Chocolate Fondant as your dessert. It is made in heaven and delivered right to your table.

3  Thank JoKaren1
Reviewed 2 October 2013

There was actually nothing wrong with the food - we just thought it was average. We had the French version of surf and turf - the steak was cooked as ordered (rare), the scallops were very good, the salad, vegetables, oven fries and accompanying dressing were all adequate. There just seemed to be quite a lot of different food presented in different ways which seem to lack direction or style. It was a bit busy and confusing. Although it all tasted fine. As often happens in Italy and France, the smell of cigarette smoke kept wafting in all night as there is no real separation between smokers and non-smokers, and this didn't make for a pleasant experience - but that seems to be the way it is in Europe. Weirdly, Austria still allows smoking INSIDE restaurants, so at least we can be thankful that France has progressed this far.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had planned to go to the restaurant next door however it was closed. We decided to give this one a go. It was busy and welcoming. The waitress was friendly and once we had made an effort with our French she spoke English to explain the menu. The starters were both very good and the portions ample! We had the goats cheese salad and fish soup and would recommend both dishes. For main we had the fillet steak and duck breast with duck
liver. The meat was excellent. The side dishes were combinations we had not tried before but overall it worked. The melon soup that came with the main was an odd addition but tasted good. We found this place good value for money and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The restaurnat had a nice variety of offierings as well as gourmet combinations. Had a tremendous Grand MArnier Ice Cream Souffle to finish it of. THe wait staff was very pleasant and accomodating to english speaking guests