“Hotel sets high standards”

Le Mas Des Carassins Hotel
Calgary, Canada
“Hotel sets high standards”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Prior to my visit to Carassins, I stayed at an amazing 5 star hotel in Monaco. After 4 lovely nights at Michael & Pierre's property, I can assure you that this hotel is just as classy in the most charming French Provincial way. There was thoughtful attention given to the decor, floral arrangements, aesthetic garden, gorgeous food and efficient & friendly service. This property embodies quality and class. It is all in the details. Restaurants in St. Remy are really, really good. Enjoy the Tripadvisor recommendations. That said, I still strongly recommend that you enjoy at least one dinner at the hotel. Book ahead to avoid being disappointed. Breakfast is just right in every way. It's location is great since it's close to town and convenient by walking. Staying at Le Mas Des Carassins was an integral part of our incredible trip here in the Provence. Merçi beaucoup, Pierre, Michelle, Karyn and the entire staff. It would be our pleasure to stay here again. Christina and Angela

Room Tip: Bigger isn't better. Our room wasn't huge but there terrace was frequently enjoyed. Ask fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Marvellous hotel, in good, quiet location. Very convenient for St Remy, walking distance to town, especially important on market day. This is one of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed at. The ambience is relaxed, and one gets the sense they have many repeat bookings. The gardens and interiors are beautiful. Breakfast is bountiful, and was included in our price. We also took dinner at the hotel and it was exquisitely prepared and presented, great service in the restaurant. We would certainly recommend eating at the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are all of high standard, we stayed in a new block adjacent to the 'quiet' area an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Westchester, NY
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I think I finally get the French. It's all about slowing down, enjoying life and appreciating the local food wine and sites. And this is the perfect place to do it. A great jumping off point for Rousillon, the pont du gard, Arles and the cotes du Rhine vineyards. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: New wing with view of the mountains and gardens.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kiki1980
Crystal Lake
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our "first choice" place but when we went to make a reservation it was completely booked up. Luckily, I kept checking availability and got lucky that they had a cancellation.

Grounds - The grounds are simply beautiful, full of lavender, flowers & olive trees. It was very peaceful and relaxing. There are two pools and a gravel patio area where dinner is served (weather permitting).

Staff - I really can't say enough nice things about the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I accidentally locked myself out of the mini-safe in the room and even forgot which room was ours (all the rooms are tucked away and look very similar) and both times the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful.

Location - We choose to stay in St-Remy-De-Provence because of it's central location. We figured it would be a great jumping off point to all the things we wanted to see and do. I'm glad to say we weren't wrong. Additionally, the hotel is within walking distance to the town of St Remy and it was nice to be able to head into town without having to take the rental car and worry about parking. Also, St Remy has an amazing Farmer's market on Wednesday which we enjoyed very much.

Room - I've read other review on this site where they complained about the size of the room but compared to other hotel rooms that we stayed at in France, I felt our room was more than adequately sized. It appeared to be recently renovated and the bathroom was very nicely done. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and everything worked as expected.

Food - The website we were booking through only offered the room with breakfast & dinner included but when I emailed the hotel they were very accomodating and allowed us to have 2 nights with dinner and 2 nights without. I must admit that I was a little worried that we might not like the food but we were pleasantly surprised and loved it. We ended up eating there all 4 nights afterall. One morning I saw that they were serving fish that night and when I advised them know that I don't eat any fish or seafood, they very nicely gave me something different. They even went out of there way to find us to check to see if my husband was okay with having the sea bass (he was). The food was served in courses and often had a specific theme, i.e. tomatoes or olives. Each course was almost better than the last and the bread selection was quite good. Additionally, everything was exceptionally fresh.

In conclusion, I would definitely stay here again if in the area! Also, it's my understanding that the same gentlemen own another property in Gordes that might be worth checking out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmcpmc
Vannes, France
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Love staying here! It's my favorite hotel in Provence! I love Provence, love the people and the staff at this hotel are very representative of the region - warm, friendly and always with a smile on their faces! Staff are very helpful. Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and have all the comforts necessary for a relaxing stay. Meals served at the restaurant are also very well thought out and very reflective of Provence culinary culture. The Chef does a spectacular job. I can highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank OTBPGourmet
Aups, France
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just returned home from night in this hotel we thought it good and our first visit to st remy de Provence gorgeous town and good meal in les saveurs de Provence would certainly return when we can enjoy the outside facilities

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank antonia w
Stratham, NH
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was with some trepidation that my adult daughter and I checked into this hotel given the experience we had just had at its sister hotel in Gordes, especially when the man with thick black glass frames from the sister hotel was behind the desk. The first thing we did was cancel our dinner reservation at the hotel. We were so happy to see another man take over our check in. He may have been the owner. He was very friendly and carried our bags up the stairs to our room. He explained everything about the hotel and was very accommodating. The room was small and clean and had a nice view over the garden area. The grounds were beautiful and had 2 swimming pools, although it was too cold to use them. After we left our bags, I asked the man with the thick black glasses for a map and the location of several restaurants that had been recommended on Trip Advisor. He told me there was no such place as Bon Berger, although there was. When I asked him for the location of Hotel L’Image, he scowled and asked me why I wanted to go there. It was a restaurant recommended by Trip Advisor that was totally booked when we got there. When I asked about La Cantina, he said it was just a pizzeria and implied I should not go there either. The whole encounter was not pleasant. In contrast, the woman who checked us out was very nice. The hotel and its grounds are very beautiful. If only the staff was consistently helpful and friendly to its guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank TAHES
pticot1, Gérant at Le Mas Des Carassins Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
These two ladies were a real problem as they dont like anything and have allergies to practically everything
In the hôtel in Gordes they have à discounted rate they have chosen in which there was a diner for 2 included ; we have fixed menu and asked before if the
Menu was ok. One of the lady ( the dauhgter) was very complicated With the food and i do my best to please them and apoligize for the problem of the starter we have
I personnally Checked several Time for main course for dessert if everything was fine , and everything was eaten and they were very