“Friendly welcome and attractive surroundings - question over basic rooms”

Hotel Sous les Figuiers
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Charming proprietors who sadly I didn't see too much of since I was out exploring and chose not to take breakfast at the hotel. Very well presented common areas although since the weather wash't as good as it normally is in late July, I didn't get a chance to use the pool.

I have decided to give this hotel an average rating not because I don't agree with the other people who have stayed here but because the cheaper room (the Provencal room) that I chose does not work at all with the format of this hotel.

It is small and with double glass windows that open up on to the main external thoroughfare that all guests need to use to get to their rooms. I felt like a display in a shop window so had to keep the curtains closed most of the time.

For my modest budget (by Provence standards) of 115 Euros per night I would have in retrospect chosen a cheaper hotel designed for what I had to spend.

Once again I stress that my review is an individual experience and maybe I would have enjoyed my stay more had I decided to shell out and stay in one of the more expensive rooms.

Room Tip: Recommend to go for a higher priced room and request not to stay in the Provencal or similar
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bermondsey_traveller

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my second time staying at Sous les Figuiers and it was as lovely this time as it was 10 years ago. The room was nice, the breakfast was good, the staff was helpful and friendly. It is a quick walk into the hustle and bustle of the town, but just far enough away to not be bothered by the noise. Very charming and quaint. I would return again and again!

Room Tip: We had room #10 which was an "end" room. No one was beyond us to one side, only a curtain...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptdickerson
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If You ever wanna feel real peace, You should come here! I've been there twice, and I'm beggining to understand, why do they say: If You comme here for a holiday, you'll never wanna go to somewhere else...
The rooms are tidy, and cute, the breakfast is amazing, and the swimmingpool comes really refreshing in the hot days in Provence, and the city is really close to it, maximum 5 minutes. I think, if You come here, You'll feel the real Provence!
Maybe there's only one bad thing... You can't stay here forever... :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been here for a week during the summer, would definitely come back.

Warm, personal service, you are lodged in rooms with a veranda around a quiet and leafy patio, there's a nice little swimming pool to relax after your day out and before dinner.

Perfectly located, you can walk to St.Remy center and easily drive in/out.

Very good breakfast (it can be served in your room), there's also quiet and cool reading area with various books.

Owners are very accurate and dedicated, the hotel perfectly reflects their personalities..

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Riccardo C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at the exceptional Sous Les Figuiers for three nights in June '14 and adored every moment of it.
As you are led into your room, the smell of lavender hits you, making you feel right at home in Provence.
Our room was very cute, brick walled (think it used to the stable) and on the ground floor. Normally this would worry me (security issues) but it only added to the charm. We had a table and chairs outside our room, and this was perfect for card games, bread and cheese snacks, enjoying a few beers from the hotel bar and drying our swimming costumes!
The air conditioning worked a treat, the bed was very comfy and the en suite was good and functional.
The owner of the hotel is extremely charming, and catered to our every need, and the pool area is lovely and low-maintenance. No oiled up idiots from St Tropez here, so sit back and relax. As for towels from reception, and grab a cold drink from while you're there.
St Remy is enchanting, and I can't wait to return. It's everything I wanted from my French holiday, and Sous Les Figuiers made it that tiny bit better, and I can't think of a better compliment that that.
Oh, and it's got ample free parking, which should be mentioned!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a lovely, peaceful place! We stayed for three days on the front end of our trip and this little place was very welcoming to weary travelers. This charming hotel has been put together with love. The rooms surround a center courtyard garden and feel as if they are your private bit of paradise, and very quiet when sleeping. We stayed in room 2 which had two chairs and a table on the entry porch, perfect for a picnic with fruit, cheese and wine from the farmers market. The fig trees provide a lovely canopy and the flowers a feast for the eyes. The courtyard entry and reception area are lovely as was every person I encountered. Always willing to help with recommendations, a place to eat, directions and suggestions. Good secure on site parking made this a wonderful base for travel in all directions with more site to see then could be fit into a year of exploration. A very easy walk into town for lunch, dinner or shopping in St.-Remy-en-Provence..Perfection!

Would not hesitate to recommend to friends or return myself and would rate higher if I could have.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We staid 2 night in this cute hotel.
The room was in perfect provencal style with a nice view on the garden.
At our disposal a table with 2 chairs on the private porch plus two beach chairs to relax and enjoy sun in perfect privacy.
The position is perfect to reach st. remy centre but in a quiet street that allows hosts to relax.
Great Breakfast with all natural stuff, home made bread served with jam and kindness.
They helped, suggested and in someway cuddled us to have a great stay in provence.
No tv in the room but who needs tv during holiday?
We loved our stay and we will be back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: I suggest to go to the rooms around the garden, the other 2 haven't the same view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple