“Attention to finer details required for an executive room.”

Holiday Inn Toulon City Centre
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Toulon
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The room including the bed was very clean, we chose the the Holiday Inn for is proximity to the station and Stade Mayol, an excellent choice. We didn't eat in the hotel and therefore it would be unfair to comment. The staff were friendly and helpful. We are used to premiere or executive rooms, this is the first time, I have ever had to get the tea/coffee making equipment out of the wardrobe, paper cups, sorry for a little more effort and expense china cups are required. The management knew the room was for two people, one set of bath towels etc were in the bathroom, the other set, in the wardrobe, on both days. These are only small points, but let the the overall experience of the hotel down, easy and cheap to remedy.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Paul H

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Me and my partner had a great time in Toulon last June we spent 10 nights at this hotel and had a great time ... Our room was very spacious with a great walk in shower and huge bed.

Breakfast was great with a good selection of foods for all from hot to cold and we also had a few evening meals in the hotel which were great !!!!

The staff were all lovely and really helpful with tips for getting to the beach etc

The harbour near by was stunning and we spent many great nights dining along there watching the sunrise go down.

The pool was great and very quite we had the pool to ourselves for most of the days we stayed we also heard no noise in the hotel and we had pool view.

The hotel was very safe and felt secure.

We had day trips to st tropez , cannes and Monte Carlo which were amazing !!!

A great hotel for business and couples but not to much to do locally.

We will hopefully return in hue he future

Room Tip: Rooms with the view of the pool are quite as the hotel is near a main road
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FineFoodieDani
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We left our hotel in Nice to stay in Toulon for a rugby match being played that day. Sadly Toulon was using the bigger stadium at Nice so we were in the wrong place. The staff at the Holiday Inn sorted us out completely and with great care, they sorted us out with a cup of coffee while they booked us a room at a great rate back in Nice, they mapped directions to the stadium for us and genuinely couldn't have done more for us. We must visit again, the hotel is in the ideal position for visiting Toulon and the staff are outstanding (the manager of the bar brought us the coffee and was just a joy to chat to). Thank you, we'll see you next year.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of November (2013). We were very impressed with the hotel, especially for the room rate we paid (around £55 per room per night). We stayed in an Executive Double room which was very spacious, had a huge king sized bed and the bathroom was also spacious with a big monsoon shower. The room was well equipped and very comfortable.

The location is also great. It is a 10 min walk into the centre of Toulon and about 15 mins to the Stade Mayol (Toulon Rugby Club). The hotel was a great base for our trips to other nearby towns.

The hotel charges around 12 euros per day for parking however on the street outside the hotel it is free to park so provided there is a space you can park for free. We stayed for 3 nights and 4 days and didn't pay for parking once.

We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food and service.

Room Tip: The executive double rooms are very spacious and very comfortable. Worth paying the extra!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander T
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Only stayed one night, unfortunately. Great room. Very cean and modern. Excellent breakfast. Great location. Very friendly, helpful staff. Easy to walk to most of the main tourist spots. WiFi worked well in the room. Good value for the money. Easy walk to the Harbour, and all the superb eating places. Only had time for a brief trip on a ferry, but will certainly return to take advantage of the harbour cruises.

Room Tip: We had a front room with wonderful views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian R
Virginie_Charlon, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Toulon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Ian R,

Thank you very much for your review. We hope you will stay longer next time :)
See you soon in Toulon

Sincerely

General manager

Reviewed 29 April 2013

There is nothing particularly good or bad about this hotel. The rooms are a reasonable size have pretty good furnishings and are quiet at night. Everything works. The bar isn't particularly inviting and the restaurant food is pretty average for France (but the main waiter is very friendly which makes up for everything else being so bland). Nice to be able to eat outdoors in April though. Buffet breakfast was no better than OK.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank The_Meon_Meerkat
Virginie_Charlon, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Toulon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Meon_Meerkat,

Thank you very much for your review. I would be very interested in getting more information from you so that your next stay with us feels wouaaouh. Would you mind giving me more details about your expectations ? I have taken the liberty to send you my email adress to do so.
Do not hesitate, it is always very usefull to get your feedback

Best regards

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at the Holiday in Toulon for 7 nights in April 2013 on a business trip. The hotel is in a great location and I walked to everything I needed. The included Wi-Fi worked well in my room and around the property. The hotel staff is excellent and Claire at reception deserves special mention. The hotel is in good condition, my Executive room was excellent, and the bed was the best hotel bed I have had in recent memory. There is however, one problem and that is with breakfast. I booked a room rate that included breakfast. On two mornings during the week, they were out of some of the hot items, juice, and sparkling water and they were not replenished before I had to leave for my meeting. On my last morning, a Saturday, at 9:50AM they were out of all hot items except eggs and tomatoes, and I was told that there would be no more. Breakfast is advertised to run until 11:00 AM. This is unacceptable. When I mentioned it to Claire while checking out, she told me that several other guests had mention it as well. Since the General Manager of the Hotel, Ms. Charlon reads the trip advisor reports, I am hopeful that she will fix this major problem immediately. This property does not have a recognition program Platinum members and that would be nice. Finally, I really appreciate that the staff I dealt with were all friendly and spoke English as I do not speak French. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel weather on business or leisure, you will not be disappointed. I am rating the Hotel a four and it should be a five if the breakfast problem is fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sail2fun

Dear Sail2fun,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us, and for your comments concerning our team and specially Clare. She will be delighted to know you enjoyed the service you received from her.
Please accept all our apologies for what happened during breakfast. I understand how you must have felt. My team and I are looking into this very seriously so that it does not happen again. Next time you come to Toulon, please, do not hesitate to ask for the manager on duty anytime, for any kind of questions, we will be happy to assist.
We are really glad you enjoyed our facilities and especially the Executive room. This is a new type of room that has only been created a few months ago after the hotel renovations. As a Platinum Priority Club member, if all the Executive rooms have not been sold out, you get a free upgrade from a standard room to an executive upon arrival.
I would be very interested in sharing more information with you regarding your stay. Would you mind to discuss it a bit further? I have taken the liberty to send you my email address via Tripadvisor “send a message”. Your comments are very useful for my team and I to understand how we can improve our service.

Thank you one again for your comments. We look forward to welcome you again soon in Toulon

Sincerely