Canyoning in Annecy - La Boîte aux Lettres in Angon

Book in advance
from
£52.16
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Google
Ways to Experience Takamaka
from £52.16
from £99.97
from £47.81
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Rented a bike to cycle round the lake. The staff said it takes maximum 3 hours to cycle round the lake but I hired the bike for 4 hours in case I took longer. I'm an amateur road cyclist but was unsure how long I would take on a mountain bike!
The bike cost 14€ for 4 hours rental and came with an option of a helmet and a basket. The staff were friendly and gave me a map of the lake and suggested cycling round it clockwise as this was the flattest route with minimal hills. I managed to cycle round it in just over 2 hours as I went quite fast. I did stop occasionally to check the view. The path is good. I was confused at one point whether I was travelling the correct way as just before Menthon-Saint-Bernard the cycle route disappears and you cycle through some villages.
Definitely recommend cycling round the lake if you are in Annecy and Takamaka are great to hire from.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

First of all, my family thought the experience was once in a lifetime great. However, you must travel from Annecy to Doussard on your own. Takamaka provides no transportation to the actual area where the paragliding occurs. You have to take a bus (30-40 minutes) or a taxi (65 euros one way). The problem with the bus is that it runs so infrequently that you waste hours of precious time in Annecy to arrive at Doussard. For example, our flight time was 5 pm. In Oder to ride the bus, we would have to board the bus at 230, arrive in Doussard a little after 3 pm and wait till 5 to paraglide. It's just as bad coming back

Check the bus schedule before you reserve your flight time. Both to Doussard and then back to Annecy

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank undbulsu
laurent L, Responsable commercial at Takamaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thanks for your Ann comment.
It is true that is not easy to use the bus schedule in Annecy, and your advise is correct.
THat is why we offer to rent a bike with - 50% of discount to reach the meeting point of the activite by bike

Reviewed 12 July 2017

My daughter and I went paragliding this June when we visited Annecy. It was very exciting, including the ride up on the mountain. The driver and the pilots were all wonderful and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this activity when in the area. We also purchased the videos/pictures that they took of us. Mine were wonderful, my daughter's unfortunately, were blurry.Make sure to preview them.

Date of experience: June 2017

Thanks a lot for your comment !!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We rented bikes for 1/2 day from Takamaka. It cost about $20 for 2 of us. They were great bikes with baskets, so we took food and blankets to Lac du Annecy. It was an easy ride.

Date of experience: June 2017
laurent L, Responsable commercial at Takamaka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thanks !!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We rented hybrid bikes to ride the trail beside the lake, and I also rented a road bike to ride to Semnoz, which is a 1300m climb to the ski station. This business is not a bike specialty store, but they have a good selection of hybrid bikes that are in good condition and shift well. I even took the hybrid part way up to Semnoz just to see what the route was like. The path on the west side of the lake is very nice and completely flat. Rental rates were reasonable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. For my ride up to Semnoz, they have a few road bikes, Lapierre with Sora (entry level) components, and the geometry was relatively aggressive, about 50 - 75mm drop from seat to bars. Reasonably light, but my bike did have shifting problems on the climb, as I dropped the chain and it was skipping gears a bit. I could have fixed it easily but I did not want to stop. For an easy or one day road ride it was fine, but if you are there just to road bike, you might want to look for a rental shop with higher end bikes. I brought my own pedals and saddle, you might want to do your own setup if you bring a saddle. They were very helpful with a map of various road bike routes that could keep you busy for a few days at least. Highly recommend the hybrid bikes.

Date of experience: May 2017